Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That is a great blog... unfortunately most puppy millers don't take dogs that have stopped producing to the pound - that would lead to an investigation and that is the last thing a puppy miller wants.

Most puppy millers either shoot the dogs themselves or take the dogs to what is called a "dog auction".

And if you are wondering what happens at a dog auction - read Chuck Wegner's report:

http://www.cchs-petshelter.org/id73.html

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Simply horrid!! What a sad statement for what humankind is capable of. But THANK GOD for people such as this who get out there, do something, and rescue some of these poor lost souls!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Thanks! Great read too.

Hmm I remember a few of us talking about the very things she was blogging about!! :) There were actually a couple threads in the last couple of weeks that got into this topic. Seems some of us might agree afterall! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's very sad when I see people purchasing a dog from a pet shop. I doubt they know where the dog came from. If people do more research, there wouldn't be so many dogs at shelters.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good read. I hate pet shops. We have one not far and they are all mix breeds, I've never seen a purebred dog in there and I even asked. They have these cute little puppies in big fish tanks and stories on the tank on how SPECIAL these breeds are. They charge a boat load for them too. It's a shame.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just SICK!!! There is a pet store near me too that also sells puppies but they say they arent from puppy mills but "breeders out of state" !!! What a load of bs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts