Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got out my grooming box and of course I had a terrorist on my hands. I finally gave up after only a little work on his legs. Told Asta that was enough for the day and did he want to do something fun? I led him to my SUV and he jumped right in - think this covid has affected him more than I had imagined. -He was very anxious to go somewhere anywhere. So we had a little drive to another property my husband has - 40 acres, all kinds of wildlife and bonus a big creek. We did a little FourWheeling with Asta hanging his head outside the SUV. Then it was Asta's time. Sniff sniff so many good smells Snuffle snuffle - this is really exciting. He was not a big fan of water but walked on the banks for a bit. Sniff Sniff Snuffle Snuffle.Then we practiced recall with hand signals. I am starting adding hand signals with his commands. He has a good beginning as I can point to any room and he will go to that room. When Asta came back to me we walked together to the SUV. Asta is black so the dirt didn't show much - I did give him a good brush out focusing on his legs. Now I have one tired puppy. Yes, Asta we can go there again.

Registered
That sounds like a simply marvelous day for the both of you :)

Registered
The best kind of day - space, greenery, water, no rush and lots of interesting smells. Just what human eyes and canine noses need.

Reactions: Asta's Mom

Premium Member
That must have been magical!

Reactions: Asta's Mom
1 - 8 of 8 Posts