Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way back from a rare trip to town I stopped to walk the dogs and met a woman I saw a couple of times back early in the year before lockdown, when she was walking her very nervous recently rescued pug mix. Her little dog was happier in the company of other small dogs, so I would turn and walk back with her, letting Sophy do her confidence building thing while we nattered. I have not seen her since February when Poppy was still so ill - she was overwhelmed to see Poppy bouncingly alive and happily walking, and her little dog was so much better and so much happier I hardly recognised her. I remembered an anxious animal constantly on the alert for possible danger, skinny and harsh-coated from worry and long term neglect. Today she was sleek and relaxed with the unmistakable look of a dog who knows she can let go and trust her human to take care of things.

We humans had a very nice chat, although it was really my dogs she wanted to talk to - she shamed me utterly by remembering their names instantly, while I have completely forgotten her dog’s and never knew hers! But it was lovely to have such a happy meeting, and to know that for two little dogs at least things are much better than they were at the start of the year.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
This does my heart good, thank you.

Reactions: fjm
1 - 4 of 4 Posts