Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://arpeggiopoodles.tripod.com/generalpoodlecare.html

I just came across this site, and as a new poodle owner, found it loaded with all sorts of great information...of course the section on house training was of particular interest to me, lol.

They suggested hanging some bells at puppy height, off of a door knob and ringing it each time you take them out for 1 and 2. Eventually the puppy will ring the bells to let you know they want to go out! I'd been trying to figure out how Sammy was going to let us know he wanted out as he can't even get down the stairs to the back door. I can use the bells where he can reach them now, then eventually move them to the back door. I LIKE it!

The site's full of other information as well. I found it quite helpful.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yes, Ive seen this site and agree it has good info.

Thanks for posting the link. I believe its been awhile since the link was posted before.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Oh yeah I think almost every poodle owner has stumbled upon that
site at one point- lots of great info and such there! :tongue:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes that is a great site! I love all the different colors pages...and that they actually show like a blue next to a black and a silver, ect. It was down for awhile, glad its back up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have our girls trained to ring a bell like that when they need to go outside. It was super easy to do, and it works great! It's hillarious when they get impatient and start ringing it like crazy until you get up, haha. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts