Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you spot the second Whippet?? Iris loves to cocoon under a blankie, and she is tucked inside the striped one in these photos. As you can tell by the non-response from the other dogs, this is a normal, everyday occurance here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I want to know Iris' secret to keeping covered, especially her feet. I could use some lessons! She looks snug as a bug in a rug.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to know Iris' secret to keeping covered, especially her feet. I could use some lessons! She looks snug as a bug in a rug.
She just spins and spins, sitting down and nope...something is sticking out...and she keeps trying util she is completely covered....sitting down then crying 'cause something is exposed, then trying again. It makes me dizzy watching her!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
This makes me laugh! My whippet does exactly the same thing. During the winter we have blankets all over the house as she and the chihuahua get cold. We have to check every blanket before we sit down or shake it out.
Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This makes me laugh! My whippet does exactly the same thing. During the winter we have blankets all over the house as she and the chihuahua get cold. We have to check every blanket before we sit down or shake it out.
Thanks for sharing :)
My male Whippet doesn't seem to feel the cold at all, but Iris is so funny. Glad to hear she is not a total weirdo. I would love to see more photos of your Whippet!! Aren't they great?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My male Whippet doesn't seem to feel the cold at all, but Iris is so funny. Glad to hear she is not a total weirdo. I would love to see more photos of your Whippet!! Aren't they great?
I can't promise she's not a total weirdo as my whippet is a window licker ;) Seriously, she licks both back windows in my car from top to bottom everytime we go somewhere. She is such a sweet soul, but suffers serious separation anxiety. Next time I have some pictures I promise to share.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't promise she's not a total weirdo as my whippet is a window licker ;) Seriously, she licks both back windows in my car from top to bottom everytime we go somewhere. She is such a sweet soul, but suffers serious separation anxiety. Next time I have some pictures I promise to share.
Iris licks the couch. And her tongue get stuck!! You will look over at her and she is laying there with her tongue stuck out and backwards because she has been licking the couch and it makes her tongue dry and it literally gets stuck!!!!Okay, I concede....maybe they are all weirdos!!

Looking forward to photos of your skinny girl!

Wiz her son has the worst separation anxiety, and he hates the car.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Okay, you have me laughing really hard now!!!! Blitz licks the couch and carpet like that too! They are special :bird: but you gotta love em!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, you have me laughing really hard now!!!! Blitz licks the couch and carpet like that too! They are special :bird: but you gotta love em!
OMG!!! It's a breed trait! I could not believe it the first time I saw it. Yep, they're special alright. I think people who are not familiar with them think they are delicate, serious souls, and they could not be molre unlike that! My guys keep me in hysterics most of the time, and they are total goofballs. Good thing they LOOK elegant and graceful!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Have you ever thought of making her a burrow blankie? I know our Dachshund we had in my childhood (we have had a TON of different dogs in my lifetime already), loved to be covered up, so my mom made her a burrow.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you ever thought of making her a burrow blankie? I know our Dachshund we had in my childhood (we have had a TON of different dogs in my lifetime already), loved to be covered up, so my mom made her a burrow.
That is an awesome idea but I honestly think she gets a kick out of the challenge. One day she came into the kitchen "Stuck" in the sleeve of my housecoat. She pulled it off the doorknob, was trying to cocoon and ended up right through the sleeve with her head stuck out of where my wrist would be. She enjoys that she makes us laugh. So with the burrow blanket, is it just a tube??

·
Registered
681 Posts
The burrow is basically just a tube. I know some who put fleece on the insides to make it warmer, some who close off one end. I know someone who just serged four terry cloth towels together to make a really easily washable burrow.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The burrow is basically just a tube. I know some who put fleece on the insides to make it warmer, some who close off one end. I know someone who just serged four terry cloth towels together to make a really easily washable burrow.
Thanks for the info Tina!! I may try that for the silly girl.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, that is funny! I have never seen a dog do that before...LOL
In the winter, you don't see her all day. She spends the entire day wrapped up in her blanket. She comes out to pee and have a nibble then right back in again. Then at night she is on your lap, preferably with another blanket, then bed time and more cocooning. In the warm seasons she is a much more socialbel girl but lays in the sun beams on the floor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts