Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped a couple of photo's of Saleen's first couple of days with us and wanted to share.

Sacked out of my first bath by my new mommy

Trying to look adorable so daddy will carry me in from the front yard instead of making me walk on this evil leash thing.

Checking out the fish pond (which doesnt have any fish lol)

Waiting for my sister Jazz to finish checking on the neighbors. I'm a spy in training!

She is such a doll, and yay friendly!! So far she isn't too frightened of anything and when she does get startled she recovers pretty quickly. No so super fond of the crate, but well.... I guess you can't have a perfect puppy right off the bat.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More stuff to loook at

Daddy trying to get me to walk on a leash, ignore mommy in the background, daddy says she doesn't know everything afterall, but shhhhh we'll let her think she does.
ummmm yeah I did actualy overhear my hubby say this to MY puppy !! LoL. Jerk, and after the "special treatment" he got too.... Hummm he wasn't complaining that I didn't know everything then I notice...

Trying to play with crazy Nikki, whooooo she's fun!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
She is a little sweetheart.
Glad to hear you are happy with your choice.
Keep posting pictures...it looks like hubby is quite taken with her.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Saleen is so pretty. She and Jazz are going to have so much fun together for many years to come. I also think that your fish pond is very nice. Is it a pre fab sunk in the ground w/rocks around it? We have one too. Ours is a pre fab put in the ground w/plants all around it, also have a sego by ours like you do as well. We have koi and gold fish in our pond, why do you not have any fish in yours?

·
Registered
912 Posts
She is just tooooo gorgeous. Glad to hear she is settling in well. Looks like no major problems with Jazz and her.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Oh Wonder- I love the name you picked out! Saleen...reminds
me of the vampire chick off of the "Underworld" movies! LOL!
I like Jazz's clip in the last picture how you have her back legs
groomed! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Beautiful puppy. The one pic. reminds me of Savanna and Vegas when we got him and Savanna was always standing by the fence checking out the neighbors, and she still is and he is big and there with her!!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all, I needed a smile today LoL :)

Fuzbutz; Yes it is a pre-fab pond sunk in with rocks. We just purchased and moved into this house in September, so we didn't put the pond or the sego palm in. John has done a lot of work on it since we moved in he arranged the rocks around the edge and he set up the waterfall and fountain which for unknown reasons was not hooked up. Honetsly when we bought the house we thought it was just a foot or so deep, it was so overrun with all sorts of little weedy looking plants you couldn't tell how big or small it was.
When we cleaned out the weeds and the year and a half worth of leaves that had collected at the bottom we discovered that it was actualy 3 or so feet deep. It had a ton of frogs in it when we first moved in, we have frogs in the pond, tree fogs under the shutters and gecko's EVERYWHERE.... Now for whatever reason they are all gone. I'm miss all the music at night. I'm hoping that now that the weather seems to be improving tempature wise here they will come back in the spring time. As for why we don't have fish... well we just never got around to putting any in and we cant seem to agree on filters and such. He says just the pump if fine, I say fish need filters - especialy goldfish
Ironicly enough since I'm sure most everyone on here knows how many animals I have and how very much I love and treasure each and every one of them, I do not want to have to be responsible for feeding outside pond fish. I can't explain why this is, but it seems like a huge burden to me, and I know I would have to be the one to take care of them. Yeah big job I know, throw food at them a couple times a day. Like I said, I can't explain why I feel this way. It might have something to do with the fact that the pond is right at the front door and I can't even remember the last time I even opened the front door for any reason other than for a pizza. We come and go through our garage all the time, never the front door. *shrugs* for now no fishies, i will hope for wild froggies though :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
ohhhh....she's a beauty. You must be so happy! I see your husband is enjoying her as well. My husband didn't think much of poodles until I brought my first baby home. He was a convert by the second day and just loves both of our babies now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts