Poodle Forum banner

A fantastic day! Annie

710 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  For Want of Poodle 
#1 ·
Yesterday was so much fun!!!

I have discovered that the soft fluffy toys are really good for grinding with my back molars, and if you do it right, then you can start pulling fluff out, which is even more fun, except you have to hide that you are doing it otherwise the human takes the toys away. There is also this soft fluffy stuff in the bathroom that the human calls insulation that you can pull out with your teeth if the human forgets to close the door. It didn't used to be there, but the human says it's from "construction". And I stole and tried chewing something the human said was 'tools', and a roll of poop bags.

Then the human picked up ALL the stuffed toys and hid them, but it was ok because she took me to somewhere called Petsmart where there were lots of dogs and I barked at them cause I could hear them in the other aisle and it smelled like there was pee on all the corners and no one would touch noses, and I jumped on the counter and my human appologized for my behaviour but we left with THREE new toys. Then we went to another store, and it was quieter, and she told me I was a good dog, and I didn't bark at the kittens or anyone, and we got another toy and some beef hide chewies and treats and stuff.

And then she said I was still a wild child, so we went to the conservation area and had a 45 min off leash walk! And then we went home and all my new toys were there and we played, and I got a chewy, and ate a whole cows ear!!!

How was your da ??? I hope they were fun too!

Xoxo Annie!!!!

(OMG I had forgotten about the second puppy teething phase.... HOW did I forget about the second teething phase? It must have been blocked as a traumatic memory. At least she hasnt thought to chew up and steal paring knives, new leather gloves, and 2 sets of handheld phones.... Yet. Major housecleaning and tidy scheduled for this weekend.)

See less See more
#2 ·
Well Annie,

Javelin here says that sounds lots better than his day since we had rain and didn't go anywhere since my mom told me some stupid person smashed up our ride around even though it was just sleeping in our driveway. She seemed very grumpy. Lily was also pretty bored looking most of the day, but then mom went someplace in a ride around that came to our house and she came back with a ride around we never saw before. She took Lily in it to go give something called a CGC test (which we took a while ago). She says Lily is better as a neutral dog for a distraction test than I would be since sometimes I bark at other doggies too.

From your friend Javelin

PS Lily loves being a good dog who tries to distract the other doggies, but like it even better since she gets to play with her Aunt Cathy

PPS from mom, there's nothing like a nosy puppy getting into things to get the people to straighten up is there?

Reactions: For Want of Poodle
#4 ·
And a much nicer time than us, too! My Mum is still all hobbly, and now she is not even going for tiny walks because the special vet said the less she made her knee hurt the quicker it would get better, and even tiny walks make it hurt. She just covers herself with bags of peas that make her lap really uncomfy to lie on, and does this weird thing where she stands against a wall going up and down and counting - Sophy sits in front of her and watches in case it turns into something fun like tap dancing, but it hasn't yet.

But the good bit is that if we don't go for a proper walk (pootling round the gardens doesn't count) we get to play three rounds of really good games, finding treats in all the treat toys. Sophy never forgets to remind Mum, and she can count so she knows when we still have another round to play.

But your day sounds much more fun, with toys and chews and walks and games... Mum has promised that once her knee is better we will do lots and lots of lovely things for dogs, but that won't be for days and weeks and AGES...

Poppy xx

Reactions: For Want of Poodle
#7 ·
The human tricked me! I haven't been able to get fluff out of my new toys even though I have tried and tried. I think they are defective, as the fabric is too thick to tear yet. The rubber toy is fun though, it sometimes has FOOD in it, and squeaks against my teeth when I chew.

Molly, Asta- hot sounds not nice. It's cold here, so my human has the AC off and the door open so I can sit on the deck.

Javalin, I don't understand humans. Mine says I bark too much at other dogs., and wont even bring me near them if we see one on a walk now... but what I am supposed to do, just turn away when they start barking at me or when I can hear them? Not fair. They started it!

Poppy, that sounds super boring. My human has limpy days, but usually drives me to the park where I can run off leash a bit. I wake her up in the middle of the night if she doesn't, even if she tries doing brain exercise or training instead of running time, so she is well trained. Treat games are fun though, maybe I should teach my human that one.

Zoe, Opal - you are brilliant! I will have to think about that one. I only have towels in my crate, but there are pillows elsewere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.