Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always thought of myself as the type of person who enjoys being on my own at home. It's quiet, it's peaceful, and I can hang out in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I get really grouchy if I don't get time to myself in fact.

Weelllll hubby left very early this morning, before I was even up, to make the drive up to get our new puppy. I've had a great day for the most part. I've been able to get a bunch of household chores done and the laundry without interuption which is nice. I hung out all day in my jammies and am now snuggles on the couch with two cats, two tibbies and two standard poodles watching harry potter on TV. It's a little crowded but comfy all the same.

The puppy is 7 1/2 hours away so it's unlikely that hubby will make it back tonight which is a bit sad :( Aside from being super excited to meet the puppy I have to admite that I miss John a bit. We haven't been apart since being married so tonight will be a bit lonely.
On the bright side, I am now the proud momma of a new spoo puppy who is as we speak on her way home :whoo: John picked her up about an hour ago and is on his way back. He's going to drive until he gets tired and then stop for the night.

Waiting is hard!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I KNEW you wouldn't be able to wait until next weekend for your new baby to come home! What a sweety John is to go by himself to get her. And it will be nice for him to know that you could be lonely with that many dogs in the house. Just not quite the same as cuddling with your hubby, is it?

Before you know it, they'll be home. Can't wait to see pictures of the new puppy.

Is he delivering Wonder on the same trip? That would earn him tons more brownie points :wink:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LoL, Yea the thought of having to go a whole 'nother week was awful lol. Hubby and I had made plans to go ahead and drive up Sunday night after Nikki goes home and then pick the puppy up on Monday morning and come home. Then the other night when we were talking about plans for the trip and what to do with our other dogs (take them or leave them) I made a comment about how I wished it wasn't so far away or I would just send him up on Saturday. He surprised me and said something to the effect of I will if you want me to :) Yeah, I guess sometimes he's a good guy huh ? LoL

No Mr. Wonderful is still here. His new daddy isn't quite ready for him just yet. He has been very busy this week helping with his nextdoor neighbor who's husband was one of the guys that was killed in Iraq just reccently.
As much as I love puppies I am ready for Mr. to be in his new home! I've been having a terrible time not getting attached to him.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Oops - just realized I said Wonder, not Mr. Wonderful - I knew who I meant and I guess you did too :wink: Sounds like his new dad needs to concentrate on his neighbour right now so it wouldn't have been a good weekend to get a new puppy. Sounds like he's a good guy and will make a good guardian for Mr. Wonderful.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
That's very nice that your hubby drove today and picked up the puppy. Your going to have a great Sunday enjoing the pup and hubby being home.

Is the pup riding okay? Any car sickness yet?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far as I know the trip is going well. I talked to John right after he picked her up and said she was doing fine. Other than gas... and a few wimpers he said she had settled down in the back and was chewing on a toy.
I haven't heard from him since then but I am thinking of calling to see how it's going and where he is. I wish he could just make it home tonight but he said he would probably only come as far as a little town about four hours from home.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whooo, I just talked to hubby and he said the trip is going GREAT, he's making GREAT time, the puppy is doing GREAT, and he'll be HOME in about 2 hours!! I'm sooo excited!!! I can't believe he'll be home tonight instead of tomarrow. YAY!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
LOL - now you are going to be up all nightplaying with the puppy!!! Have fun!! I can't wait to see pics tomorrow! (oh yeah... you have to set your clocks forward an hour too!)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Aww, thats great news. Im glad to hear he's almost home and you'll be able to meet her tonight! Have fun and please post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Aww, thats great news. Im glad to hear he's almost home and you'll be able to meet her tonight! Have fun and please post pics tomorrow.
WHAT??? Tomorrow?? How about tonight for us late nighters?? lol I am so jealous of all of these new puppies!! I am ready for another, but DH said not until we buy a house!! I am super bummed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts