Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 11 week old puppy girls, Izzy and Quinn have desperately tried to get our older girls, Rosie(6yo mini) and Charlie(8 yo Yorkie mix) to like them. They've gotten lots of sharp barks of correction, growls and generally nastiness from the older dogs. We haven’t intervened unless it looked like someone was getting carried away. Last night Rosie started pushing Quinn with her nose and pawing her. Quinn submitted and within a few minutes they were actually playing. Izzy was still getting growls and stink eye, but today, Rosie finally gave her the same treatment and much playing ensued. Rosie ran around like a wild woman, both chasing and running from the girls, but she tired after 10 minutes or so. She seemed really happy about the whole experience. Charlie got in the middle of it all, but didn’t really engage. At least she wasn’t hiding on the couch.

I wonder if Rosie realized the puppies are growing and will soon outweigh her? She’s 151/2” and a chubby 22 lbs, but she’s losing it slowly on a low fat diet and the pups will help. I weighed each of the pups and they’re both 18 lbs. Izzy is 15” and Quinn is 141/2”. They’ll tower over Rosie in just a few weeks and will nearly triple her weight at maturity...good time to make friends, right? We hope they’ll all get along at some point. ?

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Haha, the elders finally figured out that growling, "punk kids, get off my lawn! " wasn't working.
Your girls have striking colors. They will be gorgeous. Have you started getting people asking if they are baby salukis yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, the elders finally figured out that growling, "punk kids, get off my lawn! " wasn't working.
Your girls have striking colors. They will be gorgeous. Have you started getting people asking if they are baby salukis yet?
Thank you! They look a lot like their parents. Mom was a phantom and dad was a sable.

I had to look up salukis...I’d heard of them before, but hadn’t seen them. They’re beautiful, but I think our girls might just be a little bit curlier in the long run, LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts