Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was so funny. Very curious to sniff around everything but everytime the waves came in she ran away. She wasn't afraid of getting her paws wet after it went out, though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Hope you guys had lots of fun. LOL, I can imagine Bella running from the waves.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awww!

How old is your pup? Mine is almost 6 months and we just got back from the beach on Sat. Did yours swim? Mine wouldn't go near the water. I need to take him to the river. ANy advice?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bella's Mama, Great pics of your trip to the beach. I always enjoy paw print pictures. I saw on another thread that you were from So. Cal. but a little north of San Diego, which is where I was born. I also lived in So. Cal. ,but No. of San Diego for many years b-4 moving here to Central California. The pictures at the beach where you went looked familiar to me, if that makes any sense, since most of the pictures background shown is sand, ocean, pier. I pretty much grew up in the San Gabriel Valley area in So. California. Use to spend a lot of my teenage years at Long Beach, Huntinton Beach, Newport, Redondo, Etc. Do you mind me asking what beach these pictures were taken at? Just reminiscing I guess. My husband and I met in So. Cal. and were married there in 1965, WOW, that is reiniscing.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These pics were taken in Ventura. They don't allow dogs on State beaches down here, it seems. Or LA Beaches, from what I can figure out. Though I've only just started looking. There were several dogs here as it is one of the few that allows them during the day so that was nice for her to see others running in the water. One family was throwing the ball in so their dog was running in and chasing it. Maybe you could try that, Kona?

We will try that next time if it's warm enough to send one of us in after the ball if she won't get it our come back! I should have bought the 26 ft leash, it seems! I thought 16 was long enough but it really wasn't. I only plan to use this expandable type one for beach trips.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I love to hear about her curiousity with the waves, they are such cute kids and she is a gorgeous brown, rich and creamy!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Fabulous photos! What a great time. I don't have a beach to take mine. Guess the lake will have to do.

Looks like Bella got to expand her horizons learning about the waves. She really does look gorgeous.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
lolve your pics - i would love to take mine to the beach! or even a lake! lol I love her cut -is that a lamb cut? Think I would like it for mine

·
Registered
268 Posts
Great Pix!!! I'm also a california girl as well....grew up in between LA and Ventura, and went to school on Northern California....

I really miss the beaches!! I can't wait to take our pup to the beach...so far she LOVES water...today she ran into the sprinklers on our walk lol...

Bella looks like she really enjoyed herself!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lolve your pics - i would love to take mine to the beach! or even a lake! lol I love her cut -is that a lamb cut? Think I would like it for mine
I'm not sure if it's a "lamb" or a "puppy" or somewhere in between, or neither! Maybe the grooming experts can help with that one. I know our groomer wasn't quite sure what to do with her longer-than-usual-but-not-natural-length tail. She still has her puppy fur. When she has her adult coat we plan to go with something similiar but more fluff on top and longer ears. Right now her top just flops over into her eyes after 3-4 weeks post-groom.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts