Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mini poodle was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and they are considering her to be in liver failure but was only prescribed heart meds..... has anyone else had experience with these medical condition?

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
I don’t but I am sorry you are going through this. Your baby looks sweet, I hope she gets relief from the meds.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Thoughts and prayers from Alabama for your dear poodle.

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
I am so sorry. Poppy has a slight heart murmur, not requiring treatment, and was diagnosed with acute liver failure in January. She was extremely ill, but rapid and intensive treatment saved her, and she is now on a combination of drugs that are keeping her pretty stable.

I would ask your vet about Denamarin, or a similar combination of SAM-e and silybin/silymarin. These are well established supplements known to protect and improve liver function - you will need to be assured that they will not affect your poodle's heart, of course, as that seems to be the more urgent issue.

I hope you are able to get her comfortable, and keep her that way for as long as possible.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I'm sorry to have no useful advice, but I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Healing thoughts your way, that the vet can manage these conditions. Hugs from Texas!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Healing thoughts your way, that the vet can manage these conditions. Hugs from Texas!
It’s not good. Her quality of live is very poor... we are going to spoil her for a few weeks and arrange for everyone to say their goodbyes. I don’t want her suffering anymore then she needs t. She lived a long happy life

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I'm so sorry, such hard news, even when driven by love.

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
I am so very sorry. The last, kindest gift, but given with so much sadness.

Reactions: Dogs4Life and Liz

·
Registered
1 Posts
my mini poodle was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and they are considering her to be in liver failure but was only prescribed heart meds..... has anyone else had experience with these medical condition?
My little 13 yr old “Danni” Also has an enlarged heart. Also some fluid in lungs. My vet prescribed A med called Enalapril For the heart and Lasix to relieve the fluid. She has done remarkably well for the last 5 months and acts like a new little girl. I hope and pray you can get the liver leveled out To give her many more years! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I'm very sorry for your girl. It's so wonderful that she ended up with such a loving and caring owner. She will know she is loved until the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts