Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

On Wednesday 17th I had my 8 month old puppy Rio neutered, it has been 4 days since and he is refusing to stand or walk. He will walk a few paces and then immediately sit and try to get to the incision as if it is bothering him.

I went back to the vets on Friday 19th who said he is healing nicely and they gave me more pain killers and said it may be psychological? Although two days later he has not improved since, still will not walk anywhere and the wound still seems to be bothering him despite having more painkillers than before?

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? And if so how long it took their dog to go back to some sort of normality? We are very concerned as he was such a happy, active puppy before the procedure. I am planning to take him back to the vets tomorrow as that will be day 5 with no improvement

thanks in advance!
Kirsty

·
Registered
9,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
As you look thru some of those other similar threads, you'll see that it doesn't seem to be unusual for some to take closer to a week to start acting and feeling more themselves whether spay or neuter.

Stay in touch with your vet, especially if you don't start seeing small signs of improvement soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts