Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
Great job, she’s adorable and very stylish.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Well done and such a beauty!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, great job! The face and topknot especially!
Great job, she’s adorable and very stylish.
Well done and such a beauty!
Amazing! Great work! How long did it take? I love the photo of the duck break.
Thank you!!!

There's a lot to tackle and focusing one piece at a time made gave it direction. @Raindrops video gave me a lot of confidence. where it's "i can do this too". The intense time was 4 hours long with a bathroom break, short game of play, It was on & off over the last 2 days with 10-20 minutes trimming after a breakfast with food or when Basil's energy level was calm. I didn't force her through it when she didn't want to. She had wobbly legs at first There was a lot of learning on the spot. I learned she doesn't like to stare at the wall either lol. Lots of teats, kisses, affirmations, and bonding stuff. We had to take breaks when she got wiggly.

Body 30-50 minutes
Legs 5-15 minutes - she had two mats that required extra work
Top knot 20-30 minutes - This took place over 36 hours where it's like checking and rechecking.

·
Registered
374 Posts
She looks awesome! I have always admired her lovely face, such a pretty face!. I haven’t watched the video yet, but I plan to. I am such a DIY person. Heck, I cut my own hair and my husband’s, have for years! I can cut my poodle’s, right? But it scares me! I’m afraid of hurting him more than making a mistake. That is what holds me back.
Good job with Basil! I’m impressed!

·
Registered
84 Posts
She looks so good! Great job! Such a smart face.
This encourages me to believe that I should try to groom Ruger. He is mini, so theoretically it should be easier then the SPoo (less of the body ;) ) . I did groom my S Schnauzer and that was a hand strip all over the body job. Still a bit hesitant to work on a Poodle.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lovely groom on a lovely poodle - wish I had your skills. Bravo!
She looks awesome! Great job!
Thank you!!

She looks awesome! I have always admired her lovely face, such a pretty face!. I haven’t watched the video yet, but I plan to. I am such a DIY person. Heck, I cut my own hair and my husband’s, have for years! I can cut my poodle’s, right? But it scares me! I’m afraid of hurting him more than making a mistake. That is what holds me back.
Good job with Basil! I’m impressed!
Thank you!!! Yeah, I just take it in baby steps. It can be scary. I hear you. The little skin by her thigh went in the guard but was a safe distance from the guard, so that part got hand scissored. Slow strokes for sure. It's a creative process trip.

What a wonderful job! She looks great!
Thank you!!!!

She looks so good! Great job! Such a smart face.
This encourages me to believe that I should try to groom Ruger. He is mini, so theoretically it should be easier then the SPoo (less of the body ;) ) . I did groom my S Schnauzer and that was a hand strip all over the body job. Still a bit hesitant to work on a Poodle.
Thank you!!!

You'll like it learning about all the different styles. Ruger is a canvas on 4 little legs. There was a tipping point where daily coat line brushing maintance was too much effort.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Very nice! For some reason I’m extra impressed with the face. Violet is not keen on being shaved there. Anyway, bravo!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty girl ! Is she an Arreau puppy ?
Thank you, no, she's from @Sunset Standard Poodles in Seattle, WA. I had to look up Arreau puppy's and they're very pretty. From the Arreau website;

Very nice! For some reason I’m extra impressed with the face. Violet is not keen on being shaved there. Anyway, bravo!
Thank you, the snoot is also great for detecting cold feet. We've come a long way since week 8.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts