Poodle Forum banner

7 month Toy Poodle

13K views 116 replies 17 participants last post by  Tulsi 
#1 ·
I have Toy poodle 7 month old.
He weighs around 2.5 - 3 pounds.

So every time before I pick him up he shivers, tilts, goes around circles.

I would like some advice on how to make him stop that.

Thank you

#110 ·
Molodets, I rescued a tiny 4 year old Tpoo. Because he was so little people would pick him up, quickly, with one hand. Not only did that frighten him but I would watch his head snap down. It reminded me of whiplash from car accidents. As he got older, he had back problems so I got him x-rayed. He had 3 slipped disc's in his neck.
When you pick up your tiny dog, put one hand under his belly and the other hand by his chest & chin so his head doesn't snap down. He could be frightened and feeling a little pain if he's not picked up slowly & safely.
People treat toy breeds as though they were actual toys. We all know they are delicate & can get injured easily.

#114 ·
It took my Remo a long time to stop that for most circumstances but it can still happen only at the vet. Can't really blame him for that. He wasn't at all mistreated but some of his early visits were definitely not fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.