Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommorow will be one week since Ruby's surgery, Tommorow she can come off being kenneled for most of the day. I am still not gonna take her for walks or let her run amuck outside etc etc Until probably Sunday, but at least she will be able to be more free than she is now YAY!!! She is healing well, she has a small bump in teh middle of her incision, vet says it could be a hernia and wants to wait until she is fully recovered before she says yes and we decide what to do about it, could be just an area of swelling though so we'll see when she goes back on the 16th of June.

They also pulled a tooth, remember teh pic I showed of her bite and that bottome tooth being pushed into her top gums, well they removed it and the new tooth is coming in but looks like it's head for the same thing, so now vet wants to talk about 'doggie braces" some sort of appliance lol or something to likes therof. I will not do braces, I would rather they just pull the tooth, is that cruel or mean?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I would find a diff vet, to be honest, if she had a hernia, your vet should have known and fixed it DURING the spay and for a vet to even talk about braces for your pup when it is not needed is a red flag. Sorry to sound harsh, but your vet does not seem to be working in yours and roo's best interest and seems to be in the interest in money. Just my opinion.........

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would find a diff vet, to be honest, if she had a hernia, your vet should have known and fixed it DURING the spay and for a vet to even talk about braces for your pup when it is not needed is a red flag. Sorry to sound harsh, but your vet does not seem to be working in yours and roo's best interest and seems to be in the interest in money. Just my opinion.........

No no, it wasn't there before the spay at all, it has just shown up, yesterday I noticed it. Vet said it could be swelling still or soemthing that will go away or it maybe a hernia, so she said to wait until the 16th to get it reassesed...and its not braces like we wear, its a stupid thing in her mouth to help push the tooth out without taking the tooth. Regradless if that tooth doesn't repair itself and start growing right, I will not be putting anything in there to fix it, she can live without that canine if it comes down to it lol.

She is actually a really good vet, and only suggested that peice because I really want Ruby to have nice teeth, my Quincy pie has like 5 teeth in his entire mouth (and he isn't even 6 yet), Hairless crested have a gene for poor dentin, so their teeth fall out, which is why you have probably seen pics with their toungues falling out of their mouth, no teeth to hold that toungue in... so she only suggested it I think to show that there was a way....a way i'm not willling to persue, but a way. And I think the only reason she mentioned it was b/c I made a joke about a dog needing braces....lol "actually...." she said lol.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
No no, it wasn't there before the spay at all, it has just shown up, yesterday I noticed it. Vet said it could be swelling still or soemthing that will go away or it maybe a hernia, so she said to wait until the 16th to get it reassesed...and its not braces like we wear, its a stupid thing in her mouth to help push the tooth out without taking the tooth. Regradless if that tooth doesn't repair itself and start growing right, I will not be putting anything in there to fix it, she can live without that canine if it comes down to it lol.

She is actually a really good vet, and only suggested that peice because I really want Ruby to have nice teeth, my Quincy pie has like 5 teeth in his entire mouth (and he isn't even 6 yet), Hairless crested have a gene for poor dentin, so their teeth fall out, which is why you have probably seen pics with their toungues falling out of their mouth, no teeth to hold that toungue in... so she only suggested it I think to show that there was a way....a way i'm not willling to persue, but a way. And I think the only reason she mentioned it was b/c I made a joke about a dog needing braces....lol "actually...." she said lol.
OOOOO! Ok, I digress! Sorry, but I though you were saying it was there in the first place and the braces I agree not really a ness. Now that that is cleared up lol, her tummy should be fixed if that is a hernia, and I hope she is better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOOOO! Ok, I digress! Sorry, but I though you were saying it was there in the first place and the braces I agree not really a ness. Now that that is cleared up lol, her tummy should be fixed if that is a hernia, and I hope she is better.
No need to apologize, I should have explained better in the original post. I tend to do that thinking that I have already explained everything, but then get side tracked, lose my train of thought and well you see what I end up with lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts