Poodle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Beautiful photo!
Funny about that - my iPhone slipped out of my pocket at some point during our hike, and I just couldn't find it. Some cyclists offered to help, and and 15 minutes later, after retracing a lot of footsteps, Topper found it! Good puppy! But it turned a one-hour hike into a two-hour adventure. Luckily I had plenty of dog treats and water. Topper has been sleeping since we got home at 1!

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
2,008 Posts
Funny about that - my iPhone slipped out of my pocket at some point during our hike, and I just couldn't find it. Some cyclists offered to help, and and 15 minutes later, after retracing a lot of footsteps, Topper found it! Good puppy! But it turned a one-hour hike into a two-hour adventure. Luckily I had plenty of dog treats and water. Topper has been sleeping since we got home at 1!
Yeah Topper! You earned your keeps today!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
We missed a week! Last week, Topper earned the privilege of being off the leash on a very lightly used section of the Superior Hiking Trail. This photo shows one of his very frequent "check-ins" that earned him the privilege. His recalls when we encountered other hikers - including some with dogs - were outstanding!

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Happy First Birthday, Topper!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Topper is recovering from his neuter surgery yesterday. He's tolerating the cone much better today and doesn't mind wearing his post-surgery suit at all. I'm glad I got two - we didn't get one of them off in time for a big pee this morning. He has been taking his meds very well too - it helps that I cover them with cheese and have Topper ask for it like it's a treat.

Hairstyle Black Dog Flooring Companion dog

61 - 80 of 83 Posts