Poodle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
What fun! Topper looks ready for adventures. Cute photo.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Oh, how the days fly! Handsome fella there, Topper :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I got behind on my Topper photo fix, but I’m all caught up now. What a gorgeous mini! I’m happy to see another mini discovering the fun of Nosework.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I got behind on my Topper photo fix, but I’m all caught up now. What a gorgeous mini! I’m happy to see another mini discovering the fun of Nosework.
It is his favorite activity. We spend a lot of time at our vacation place in the summer, so we miss a lot of the structured classes. Our instructors give us homework to do when we're out of town. We had a few really fun rock wall searches. Truck and boat trailer search went really well, too. He's the smallest and youngest dog in our class, but he is so good at it! We started vehicle searches a few weeks ago with a van - I suggested to the trainer that we use a VW Bug or Mini-Cooper for Topper so he doesn't have to work so hard on his first search. :LOL:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I'm sure everyone had to swim! Do tell.
We had stopped for lunch on an island, and when my husband was getting back in the canoe, it flipped, dumping me, Topper, day packs, etc. into thigh-deep water. We all had our life jackets on. Topper looked VERY surprised, but swam to me and the canoe. His leash was snapped to his life jacket, so I could grab it and guide him to the shoreline. He got out, shook off and watched while we regrouped. When it came time to get back in the canoe, he did so pretty happily - I love his forgiving personality. Our earlier attempt at getting Topper to swim weren't very successful. We paddled our canoe to the stoney side of our little lake, then got out and waded. Topper waded in up to his elbows, but stopped because he didn't seem to like water splashing into his face. He turned around and jumped back into the canoe! We'll try again when we go up north in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
2,008 Posts
We had stopped for lunch on an island, and when my husband was getting back in the canoe, it flipped, dumping me, Topper, day packs, etc. into thigh-deep water. We all had our life jackets on. Topper looked VERY surprised, but swam to me and the canoe. His leash was snapped to his life jacket, so I could grab it and guide him to the shoreline. He got out, shook off and watched while we regrouped. When it came time to get back in the canoe, he did so pretty happily - I love his forgiving personality. Our earlier attempt at getting Topper to swim weren't very successful. We paddled our canoe to the stoney side of our little lake, then got out and waded. Topper waded in up to his elbows, but stopped because he didn't seem to like water splashing into his face. He turned around and jumped back into the canoe! We'll try again when we go up north in a couple of weeks.
Now that's a story! Glad everyone can laugh about it! How did your cell phones make out? Your photos appear to be pre capsize !

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Now that's a story! Glad everyone can laugh about it! How did your cell phones make out? Your photos appear to be pre capsize !
We usually don't take our phones with us on the water - for good reason, it turns out! The photo was post-capsize, at the boat landing. I paddled just a little way out so Andy could take a picture of Topper in the canoe. The light was pretty poor because it was about to rain.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts