Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topper is a blue miniature poodle. I didn't find out about him till he was 4 weeks old, so this thread starts with his 4-week-old photograph from the breeder.
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed Toy Poodle

He is 5 weeks old in this photo. I met him later that week and named him Topper, after our favorite lake in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. This is when I fell in love with him!

Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Standard Poodle

Here is 6-week old Topper showing off his agility pedigree.
Dog Canidae Portuguese water dog Standard Poodle Sporting Group

The little punkin' just got back from temperament testing. It showed that he is very stable, people-oriented and wants to do nose work.

Dog Canidae Dog breed Puppy Pumpkin

The breeder gave him a wonderful puppy clip after his vet visit at 8 weeks old. He stands like that naturally. LOVE the tail!

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Nine weeks old and settling in at home:

Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Poodle

So excited about his agility tunnel - 10 weeks old:

Blue Dog Canidae Cobalt blue Dog breed

Playing with his first puzzle toy at 11 weeks old. It's an old-fashioned Chinese restaurant take-out box filled with squeaky dumplings - he's sure there's one more in there somewhere!

Canidae Dog clothes

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Your pictures of Topper are so cute. Have fun during puppyhood.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I love your Topper photos! It looks like you are thoroughly enjoying his puppyhood, and so is he!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love your Topper photos! It looks like you are thoroughly enjoying his puppyhood, and so is he!
Some days are better than others. Usually the days with lots of naps (for both of us) are the good ones. I've never raised a puppy before and often am so focused on training and desensitization that I forget to just play and enjoy the puppy silliness.

·
Super Moderator
11,553 Posts
Some days are better than others. Usually the days with lots of naps (for both of us) are the good ones. I've never raised a puppy before and often am so focused on training and desensitization that I forget to just play and enjoy the puppy silliness.
Just remember that alllll that stuff you're worrying about comes from play at that age. :) My husband had never raised a puppy before, so I would ask him when he played with Peggy: What is she learning right now? Would you like her to offer this behaviour up, unsolicited?

If you keep those questions in mind, you can relax and have loads of fun together, confident that Topper is simultaneously learning the rules of life with humans.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
All spiffed up for this shiny New Year :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts