Poodle Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts
What a handsome guy! How tall is Dakota? I attended a seminar recently with a Saffrane poodle and fell hook, line, and sinker... However I am concerned about airline travel which has me wavering back to a toy.

Discussion starter · #122 · (Edited)
Dakota is 15 lbs and about 15 inches. So he is the top of mini size but is not oversized. His litter was the first for his mother. So Estelle, the breeder, thought he might be 12 lbs because Deck, the sire, did not usually produce oversized puppies and Cindy, the dam, was 12 lbs. So Dakota grew more than Estelle expected.

I think agility competition would be too much for me, but Dakota is very athletic and sturdy for his size. I think he would do well in agility because he is smart and fast and loves to play. Owners of Safranne puppies meet once a year and talk often about their dogs on a dedicated Facebook page. So there is a lot of support for Safranne puppy owners who compete.

If you have to fly a lot, I think a 15 lb minipoodle would probably have to fly in cargo. Although more experienced people than I might be able to get their dog to travel under the seat.

If you get a female minipoodle, you have a good chance that she would be around 12 lbs and 12-13 inches high.

Discussion starter · #123 ·
Dakota just shy of one year

Dakota is getting better for staying in one position while I take the pictures. Some of the following pictures are in another thread about bow ties, but I wanted them all in this thread as well.

The first picture is a photoshop modified picture I took last fall so that it looks more artistic.

Dog Canidae Portuguese water dog Dog breed Illustration

Dog Vertebrate Mammal Canidae Toy Poodle

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Dog Vertebrate Mammal Canidae Dog breed

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Dakota looks very dapper with his bow ties!

Reactions: MiniPoo
MiniPoo, I'm so glad you came back and shared more photos of Dakota. He is a very handsome poodle. Did he end up becoming good friends with your portie?

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.