Poodle Forum banner

52 weeks of Siouxsie

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Eric 
#1 ·
It's been an exciting month since we got our little girl Siouxsie (pronounced like "Suzy"). She's a standard poodle, registered as black, but suspected she might be a blue - only time will tell! Either way, we'll be happy and we love her to death.

I wish I had more photos of her, but I've found that it's true what they say about black poodles - they are rather hard to photograph, especially with a phone. I'm going to have to break out my DSLR and work with manual settings...

Here she is at about 7 weeks, still at the breeder's.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Here at 8 weeks, being held by my wife as we picked her up at the airport, and later that day after we got her home.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Leg Arm Black hair Joint Thigh

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

A few days later, one day shy of 9 weeks old.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

10-1/2 weeks, in front of the coffee table she likes to chew when she's bored :afraid:
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed Mammal

12 weeks, in her wire crate, one of the few places I can get her to sit still for more than 1/2 a second!
Vertebrate Dog crate Dog Canidae Kennel

And the most recent photo, which actually came out pretty good, a day shy of 13 weeks old.
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Standard Poodle Mammal

We're looking forward to watching her continue to grow like crazy (probably at double her body weight in the 4 weeks since we got her)!

See less See more
#2 ·
If you haven't already tried this

Liqueur Drink Alcoholic beverage Distilled beverage Bottle

Grannick's Bitter Apple spray

it might help keep her from chewing that lovely table :). It doesn't work for every dog, but it worked for my boys. I was too late to save the undersides of the sofa and loveseat, but they left the legs alone.

Reactions: Eric
#5 ·
She's so beautiful. Amazing how quickly they grow!

I load up Peggy's exercise pen with items she can chew and shred and snuffle around in, and that's where she spends any of her uncrated, unsupervised time. So far it's kept her from showing much interest in chewing on our furniture or belongings, but who knows what the future will bring. I suspect she'd like to have a good long gnaw on our baseboards.

#7 ·
Can’t help with the photo size but she is gorgeous.

Reactions: Eric
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.