Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night was the night! I picked her up with my sister and nephew who was more than a little excited.
First night at my house went well and so far so good today. She slept well last night, and no potty accidents in the house today. She is really pretty and loves to cuddle. Sage thinks she’s okay but is a little grumbly around her — he has played a little with her. He is on a play date with his best friends so I hope he enjoys that:) Saffy is so outgoing and friendly with everyone!! She’s a great pup already:act-up:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
Very pretty. I am sure Sage will warm up to her. Lily and Javelin do really enjoy each other even though it took her a bit of time to get there.

Reactions: JenandSage

·
Registered
173 Posts
Saffron is so cute!! I look forward to watching her grow. :)

Reactions: JenandSage

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Oh, my! She is all that. I use saffron a lot in cooking and it is an perfect spicy name for her.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, my! She is all that. I use saffron a lot in cooking and it is an perfect spicy name for her.
Yes I had another name picked out for a female pup but I loved Saffron, especially for a red poodle. I love cooking but I haven’t had saffron in my cabinet in ages! It’s time to get some and spice up my cooking:)

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
It’s a beautiful spice that gives depth to flavor and that lovely color., exactly like hers. It’s also the most expensive spice in the world. Yeah, Sage is gonna be her slave.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Aww she is a beauty and I love the name Saffron , Sage & Saffron seem to just sound good togethers. Enjoy every minute.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jen, those are such lovely, lovely photos; the family shot is worth framing or turning into a screensaver. Your nephew is the cutest little guy and Saffy is just beautiful, and you look so happy. Thanks for sharing.
So true Vita — herbs and spices:)

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
She is absolutely beautiful! A rich and wonderful color to go with her name! PERFECT!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another tuckered out spice girl

It really does pay to tucker out your poodles!
We had an after work date with a colleague who has a 3 year old, and she and her husband also love dogs. They don’t have one of their own but they are always so happy to help me with Sage and now Saffron.
We just played in the yard, Saffron showed off for everyone - she retrieved the toy over and over!! - and my friend did a little impulse control training.
And I have had Sage have extra dog walking this week.
I wouldn’t say they are besties yet, but progress is being made -
Now look...

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Week 2

Week 2 - sleeping by the fire:) we have been so lucky to have sunny weather since I got her. That’s a long stretch for this time of year. It has been great for potty training and being able to run out with her.
Saffron is doing well with the potty training and crate training — nothing I wouldn’t expect:) She has become a master chewer of chew toys!
Sage likes to play with her and is gentle — but of course she wants to play more than he does!!
Any thoughts on how to manage their play time together? I have been supervising of course and if he looks done or they get out of hand I do some come sits for treat and try to redirect Saffron to her own area to chew.... just keep at it?
Thanks all! It’s been busy:2in1:

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
I think you are doing fine and I would stick with your current strategy.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I love seeing your two together! Saffron is just beautiful. I'm at about the same stage as you with Aero. Here in Texas though we've been having unseasonably wet weather so hope the sun comes out soon for all this potty training. :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
She really is lovely. I am glad all is going with with Saffron and Sage. Keep up the good Mommy work, you are doing well.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Aww I think it all sounds great. Puppyhood certainly keeps you on your toes. I am glad I got Renn last Feb. and most of that is done. Of course we still have plenty to do but I know I won't do puppy again (well pretty sure) I'm just getting too old, though my daughter tells me if anything happened and I couldn't care for them she would take over. I told her I'm not that old just mid 60's.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love seeing your two together! Saffron is just beautiful. I'm at about the same stage as you with Aero. Here in Texas though we've been having unseasonably wet weather so hope the sun comes out soon for all this potty training. :)
We now have our usual rain. Saffy got her first bath today — I forgot how low to the ground puppy bellies are. She was very dirty:)
I hope this means you have sun!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts