Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Puca is 8 weeks old and full of energy! While mommy is over here exhausted from our travels? He’d rather have a finger or toe than a toy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,865 Posts
He is a very cute puppy. I am so glad you are home safely with your new fur kid. Congratulations.

Reactions: Puca pu

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Congratulations, again! Another Donnchada poodle baby! He is just gorgeous!!:angel:

He looks so much like a teeny tiny baby Poppy.

Get rest, when you can....you are in for some busy and exciting times!

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
He has such a sweet face - I love his expression in the third photo. Congratulations on bringing your new baby home.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I just had to check in to see how last night went. I am guessing you both were pretty tired. Hope you had a good night.

Today the adventures begin!!!

Cathy and Cousin Poppy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had to check in to see how last night went. I am guessing you both were pretty tired. Hope you had a good night.

Today the adventures begin!!!

Cathy and Cousin Poppy
Last night went well. He took about ten minutes to settle in his crate. Bed time was 10:30 and he got up to pee once at 4:30 then back to bed until 7. We are having fun! Today I took him to campus and he met a bunch of new people!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Oh my goodness what a beautiful pup! Hope you have a great puppyhood with him!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Last night went well. He took about ten minutes to settle in his crate. Bed time was 10:30 and he got up to pee once at 4:30 then back to bed until 7. We are having fun! Today I took him to campus and he met a bunch of new people!
That is a really good first night! Sounds like he is confident and enjoying meeting new people on his first day home. You are doing a great job of socializing. I took Poppy everywhere that I could, except we avoided pet stores for a while, at least the big box ones.

I am so happy for you!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is a really good first night! Sounds like he is confident and enjoying meeting new people on his first day home. You are doing a great job of socializing. I took Poppy everywhere that I could, except we avoided pet stores for a while, at least the big box ones.

I am so happy for you!
He is happy meeting all the new people. I am working on getting him set up with some doggy playdates. At first, he didn't like the leash too much but once he realized it means he gets to go places so he is starting to like it.

His potty training is a bit stressful as he believes going outside means play time instead of potty time. So we'll be outside for 20 minutes come back in go back out on repeat then during one of the come inside times he goes in the house. Outdoor playtime may have to come to an end altogether until he gets potty trained.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s been a full week since I brought Puca home and I think he’s adjusting pretty well. Today he even went potty on demand! He’s now 4.5lbs of cuteness.

We did have a slight scare on Saturday as he was really sick so I rushed him to the emergency vet. They said he just had a negative reaction to his vaccinations. He tested negative for Parvo. He’s doing much better now.

He is walking well on his leash, he knows down, sit, drop it and no(although sometimes he wants to be stubborn and ignore me if he thinks he can get what he wants). There is a major issue that I am worried about but I’ll put that in another threat. All in all I’m really happy with his progress. I’m excited to see him grow up!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,865 Posts
It is too bad you had the scare with the vaccine reaction, but I am glad that is all that it was and that he is better. Do please post about your other concern and I am sure someone here will have ideas for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So week 2 was really stressful as Puca was sick part of the week and he was not happy at being left home alone. Puca has recovered well and is a very happy active 4.75lbs puppy who is sleeping through the night!

I ordered him a playpen and hopefully, that should help with some of the issues as he won't be confined to a cramped crate during the day. Which probably is best since school starts Tuesday. I only have classes 2 days a week for a couple hours but this will still give Puca and I some flexibility. I really hope he likes it.

I didn't get a picture but Puca got to meet my colleague's basset hound and he had a blast! However, the basset hound who is 8 was quickly over his puppy shenanigans. I looked into a couple puppy kindergartens and they said that they normally have larger breed dogs and he wouldn't be able to interact with them except through a gate and I wasn't sure how worthwhile that would be. I am trying to set up play dates with dogs closer in age and size.

I know these next weeks will only continue to improve!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Puca is gorgeous! I adore those pics with him mouthing and chewing on your hand LOL. Brings back memories :). He is just precious-you will have so much fun!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I missed week three and we are now in week four and every day is getting better. last week we went to our first puppy class and Puca had a great time. Most of the other dogs are bigger than him so he is learning to hold his own. He did much better this week. He has finally learned to use his pee pad in his pen (though he still tries to tear it up). This past weekend I had to go out of town for a day and he did great with one of my girlfriends. He's getting bigger and bigger each day and we are having so much fun!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts