Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker (2012) the poodle forum has been very helpful with rearing my poodles and finding all kinds of information, I thought I’d give back to our community and share the story of little miss phoebe.

I have big plans for this girl, ideally we’ll participate in as many dog sports and shows we can manage.

This is my first registered dog and have been dreaming of competing for many years and I’m finally able to thanks to my wonderful breeder.

Now without further adieu please meet Phoebe!

Standard Poodle
Cream/white
Born: February 23rd 2019
Gotcha day: April 20th 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
She’s absolutely adorable. Those perfect little poodle feet and face just melted my heart.

Reactions: TrueColors

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
She is a very pretty girl! What sports are you particularly interested in? I have dabbled in agility (gave it up because of bad knees) and am a devotee of obedience and rally (Lily and I are currently working on a RACh, Javelin is getting ready to be ring worthy for obedience).

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Very pretty girl! And your older Spoo is striking too.

I have a new mini poo puppy I plan to do agility with, interested to hear what your plans are for Phoebe.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She is a very pretty girl! What sports are you particularly interested in? I have dabbled in agility (gave it up because of bad knees) and am a devotee of obedience and rally (Lily and I are currently working on a RACh, Javelin is getting ready to be ring worthy for obedience).

Thank you for the compliments! Our first sport would be obedience. I’m already starting to teach her rear end awareness so we can get those crisp heels.

I also feel like it’s a good foundation that would be useful in any other sports. I’d like for her to be heavily titled in obedience then dabble in tracking and agility.

I’ve always been very interested in IPO! although I have the wrong breed it would be interesting if I could get a club to take me under their wing to show me the ropes for my next dog.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very pretty girl! And your older Spoo is striking too.

I have a new mini poo puppy I plan to do agility with, interested to hear what your plans are for Phoebe.

Agility will definitely be one of our sports, id like to try all the sports but that might be too much of a feat haha!

My older spoo introduced me to the dog/competition world but unfortunately I never had the chance to participate so all my years of anticipation will be lived out through miss phoebe ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Week #2 (9weeks)

It’s been two weeks with phoebe and she’s completely settled and starting to be naughty, I’m taking it as a sign that she’s really enjoying her new home with me. Puppies will be puppies!

With that said she’s no longer the little puppy that follows me, now she’s starting to crave freedom and her recall lessens more and more every day. I haven’t exactly been working on a recall anyways so I’m not worried, just more of an observation.

She’s still having quite a few accidents in the house but she’s really good at using her pee pads so I’ll take it. I don’t know if it’s right but I’m in no rush to wean her off the pee pads, I take her out every hour and a half and whatever happens inside happens on the pee pad so I’m content. I’ll eventually take her off the pee pads when she can last 4 hours without a pee break.

This girl is the polar opposite of my first spoo, she is incredibly vocal, confident, and has an incredible amount of energy!

So far she’s learnt to sit, lie down, stand (eventually a free stack) and how to stand on her food dish in an attempt to teach some rear end awareness.

She’s met so many people these past two weeks it’s incredible how she has this off switch when she’s around other people. She turns into the sweetest mellowest dog ever! Her grandsire was a phenomenal service dog and I think that really influenced her.

I also gave her a bath some time last week and messed her up pretty badly lol Thought I could use my clippers and skim but ended up trimming too close so some proper shears are definitely on the list!

Can’t wait to share the following weeks with you guys!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! What a beauty Phoebe is! Beautiful pics too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
She’s met so many people these past two weeks it’s incredible how she has this off switch when she’s around other people. She turns into the sweetest mellowest dog ever!
Ariel is exactly the same! She is like a little monkey at home jumping around disturbing the humans and cats especially, turned into the most lady-like, shy little demure puppy once we are out of the house.

Phoebe is beautiful with her fluffy coat!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a whole update typed out but the app ate my reply.

Long story short
Separation anxiety is becoming an issue when I leave for work but she’s slowly making progress.

Working on desensitizing when grooming, pivoting for rear end awareness and how to lie down

She’s learnt to sit, offer eye contact and stand which will eventually be a free stack.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.