Poodle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit late to the 52 weeks party, but I've got SO many photos of Nim on my phone, I figure it's about time I start sharing. I've had my baby girl for about three months now.

Here's what she looked like when I got her in January. Her (overweight) body clipped short all over with big ears and a fluffy tail. The ears just HAD TO GO. I don't dislike big fluffy poodle ears, but...
Mammal Dog Vertebrate Standard Poodle Canidae

She looked SO much better without them! Now that she's trimmed down a bit, I think big ears would look nicer, but I still think I prefer the shorter ears.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Standard Poodle

Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Standard Poodle

I had started planning to put her into a Bedlington cut, so began growing out her legs/face/back, then changed my mind because I realized that by the time her face grew in enough for a proper head, I'd be dying to cut her down for the inevitable spring/summer dog park mudfests, and I really want to be able to keep her in the Bedie clip for a while. SO I'm scrapping that idea until fall.

In a few weeks I'll be putting her into a Miami, but I want to let her legs grow a bit more, so last I groomed her, I put her into what I'm calling her teddy bear cut. I'm in love with her little fuzzy bear face and didn't want to shave it yet, plus I've found I really like the look of it with the Bedlington clean cheek/jaw (keeps mess down too! No smelly face!), so I kept that and just cleaned up around her eyes. Clipped her body down short, and just blended/neatened the legs.
Dog Standard Poodle Canidae Mammal Dog breed

Such a goofy girl <3

Wool Canidae Dog Fur Tail

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal

Natural environment Pasture Grass Tree Sky

Prime example of why I'm cutting her down soon. I love her fluffy bear paws, but man, do they attract a lot of mud!

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Here we have her pitiful "woe is me, mom is working and won't pay attention to me even though I'm RIGHT HERE" face.

Room

She's such a snugglebug. Last night she lay down with her paws on my chest, then flopped over and put her head on my shoulder.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

I love her more and more every day :)

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
What a cutie and Nimbus is a fabulous name for a silver spoo.

Reactions: hazardmuffin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She was rehomed. She was loved very much by her original family, but wasn't a good fit for them. She spent most of the day in her crate while the other dogs got the run of the house. The other two (another standard and a mini) they said were lazy and were happy to just lounge around all day, but Nimbus would pester them and get into trouble. None of the dogs were ever walked or exercised. In fact the owner said he treats them more like house cats than dogs! He and I did NOT see eye to eye when it came to dog ownership. I do not wish to speak ill of people who chose to do the right thing and put their dog's well being first, but boy, did I get upset dealing with this guy! All I'll say is in our first conversation, after hearing him talk about how horribly he feels for her quality of life, when I brought up how high his rehoming fee was, his reply was "Well I'm not really rehoming her, I'm selling her." LIKE SHE WAS A USED CAR OR AN UNWANTED COUCH, rather than a loved family member. Made me so mad.

Nimbus wasn't her original name. We thought maybe "Storm" on account of her cloudy coloration but she needed something more whimsical to fit her goofy personality. :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
How fun, she is so cute!! How cool you will be putting her in bedlington! My girl is in it now but will be changing grooms very soon. Lots of pics on her progress on a thread here about Luna’s journey to a bedlington trim. It took about 5 months to grow into it, after she was shaved down with a 10 blade, when she finished her show career. If you are letting the top of her face get fuzzy now you will have a major head start for when you want to put her in. I was kind of surprised how long it took my girl though - her hair grows pretty fast too... just not on her head and top of nose. Excited to see your girl go into this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How fun, she is so cute!! How cool you will be putting her in bedlington!
Thank you! I've read Luna's entire Bedlington thread, loved seeing her transformation :) I ended up shaving Nim's face this week, but I reckon I'll start letting it grow out again in pretty short order, so it'll have a good head start by the time I start growing out her body at the end of summer. Pretty as she is, I miss her bear face already, haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, haven't posted in here in a while. Life's been busy and I try to unplug as often as possible, so sometimes I forget this forum exists!

Here's some pics of Nim from the past two months!

Mom left me alone with dad while she was out of town for three weeks. I just laid there looking sad the whoooole time she was packing.

I was soooooo happy when she came back! Don't leave ever again, momma!

Fun new summer cut...

For summer!

After a busy day I like to snooze...

...or snuggle with mom!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.