Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This is Mister! (Short for Mystery) He's an 8 week old male standard poodle.
I got him on 4/11/21 from Rock 'n Rolla Poodles in Northern California!

Spring is here! Here are some pictures of my sweet boy enjoying the fleeting cherry blossoms.
Mister has been so mellow and sweet! I'm really hoping it stays that way.

1618346847907.png

Registered
Welcome to you and your your very handsome Mister.

Reactions: jebby

Premium Member
Welcome to you and Mister. Glad you could join us

Reactions: jebby

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It's almost one week! Wow, that went by super fast!

Here's Mister just getting a good sniff of grandpa's shoes (that I've been wearing a lot because they're so big and easy to slip on)

1618680404138.png

I love this one. He just looks like such a cartoon here!

Mister's grandma has a beautiful rose garden. This was taken 0.2 seconds before he tried to eat it haha!

Mister weighs 13.3 pounds! (11.8 on the first day!) He was the smaller male so I really wonder how big he's gonna get.

He's great at calmly observing other people, cars, cyclists, joggers, and dogs walking by. He can sleep through thunder, firework, and construction sounds. I'm slowly getting him used to the dremel, combing, the HV dryer.

He can't sleep through the night yet and he's not totally potty trained but other than that he's been so good! Mister doesn't nip or bark much which is a huge relief.

He can sit, touch, knows his name, and let's go. He's actually quite good at leash walking compared to the horror stories I've read! I'm working on his leave it, drop it, and come.

I'm utterly exhausted because I'm doing this mostly myself but I know it's so gonna be worth it when he's all grown up. I can't look at his face without melting!

I was really worried about "puppy blues" since I'm prone to stress and anxiety but it looks like everything is going okay! Thank you as always to this forum for the treasure trove of advice and information!

Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
Sounds like you and Mister are really hitting it off! Great job! Love the photos! All of them are special!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like you and Mister are really hitting it off! Great job! Love the photos! All of them are special!
thank you!!! I see that you're expecting your puppy very very soon! Congratulations! Can't wait to see you do a 52 week thread as well!

Registered
thank you!!! I see that you're expecting your puppy very very soon! Congratulations! Can't wait to see you do a 52 week thread as well!
Yes. We'll it's close to midnight here now, so I'll just say 4 days! Getting Elroy on Wednesday. Getting all my last minute purchases done.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. We'll it's close to midnight here now, so I'll just say 4 days! Getting Elroy on Wednesday. Getting all my last minute purchases done.
The wait is so excruciating but so worth it! Elroy is a wonderful name!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pupdate! Mister is 10 weeks old! How time flies by. Here are some pictures before I get into it:

A very classy-looking guy! He's ready for dinner.

Mister is VERY FAST. He went from toddling around to sprinting! Luckily he listens to me and will come otherwise I would never catch him. I read some advice to not chase your dog as a game because they will learn that running away from you is fun! Instead, Mister chases me and we play peekaboo around our big oak trees.

Mister's new dog tag came! It's beautiful!

Sleepy Mister

This week was a whirlwind of activities! He had his first puppy class! 3 goldens, 2 doodles, 1 great dane, and 1 terrier in his class. He was the fastest at doing sit and down reps! But on the other hand, he did disrupt class with barking at times. Thankfully, he wasn't the rowdiest.

Added to his list of commands is down, wait, leave it, and come! Today I started teaching him fetch and he's a natural.

He's so good! I'm amazed that he's not mouthy at all. He only starts (lightly) biting when he needs a nap and I'm really thankful for that.

He's so funny and really lazy. I love all his expressions. My favorite time is the morning when we get up and we just sit quietly while I give him good scritches. He seems so reluctant to go out to pee. And after he does, he just sits and lets me pet him for a good while.

He's totally good with me wiping down his whole body now. He's made a lot of progress and I think today I'll bathe him for the first time!

Still getting up once in the night, but he's been sleeping in longer! I hope to have a good night's rest soon!

Yesterday, he met my friend's bunny and they played! I'm so glad to have a chance to socialize him with a prey animal haha. I have a video, I'll try to see if I can upload it.

Hope everyone's having an awesome weekend!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh by the way! He's 14 pounds as of two days ago. He's probably a bit over 14 now. I used a standard poodle weight predictor and it said he would be... 70+ pounds?! I sincerely hope not! Hahaha.

Premium Member
OMG! Mister is SO cute! Not surprised, because he comes from a great breeder. Congratulations on your lovely puppy. Pick him up, while you can! They grow into those big, sweet paws, quickly:)

Registered
Wow! Mister is doing great! So far Elroy will run after, and "get" a toy when I throw it, but he doesn't bring it back, or anywhere really. He just chews it for a short time and looses interest and walks away from it, until I throw it again. I want him to fetch and bring it back (retrieve). I need to study up on training that. Tips?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts