52 Weeks of Hugo

13K views 89 replies 18 participants last post by  Liz 
#1 · (Edited)
First meeting on March 27, 2021.

At home, 10 weeks old:

One week anniversary of coming home, Easter Sunday:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for asking! He’s doing really well, I think. He’s met a lot of new people this week and is shy but not fearful. House training has been pretty good too—we are down to maybe 1 pee accident a day, always between 5:30 and 6:30 pm when my attention is flagging. Sleeping in his crate with me on the couch was working well—he basically slept from 11-7, but I can’t sleep on the couch forever! He obviously has never been alone, so that is really the biggest challenge right now. He is my little shadow! We already love him to pieces. He is so much fun, and pretty relaxed about everything.

#7 ·
12 weeks old and I am a big boy: 10.5 lbs. I’m tall too, but I dont like standing still to be measured. My Hoomans are exposing me to lots of things. This bubble wrap is a lot of fun!

My Mawm’s work is super boring.

And why does she want me to sit all the time?

I really just want to play in the yard with my favorite toy.

But sometimes I pose for my glamour shot.

#9 ·
Hugo you are catching on to all this hooman stuff veryvquickly!
What harness model and size are you wearing? And does it fit well? I haven't picked one up yet for Elroy.
@94Magna_Tom, this is a PetSafe Easy Walk Harness that I got from Chewy, size Small/Petite. The Small was too large for him. This harness was recommended by my sister who’s a veterinarian (ophthalmologist).

#17 ·
I am 14 weeks old! Now if I could only get big enough to be able to jump up on my Mawm’s lap!

I also am starting to need a haircut BAD—pretty soon I‘ll be seeing everything through one eye!

I still like having all my toys around me, just in case the toy burglar comes by. As you can see, I am learning what it means to “settle down.” Life is good!

#21 ·
His favorites are the Outward Hound log with little squirrels (also comes in a larger size)---he goes nuts for those little squeaky squirrels---and his rope toys. He has an octopus rope toy that his breeder got at Walmart but doesn't seem to be available anymore. I also got him the Mammoth 3-knot cotton blend rope toy from Chewy. He really likes it and it keeps my hands a good distance from his teeth! For playing outside, he loves this flat fox with a handle on one end and flat tail on the other. It's very durable and can go flying for him to retrieve and play tug. It's by Top Paw and it's the Tuff Tug Fox Dog Toy. I'd love to hear what your dog likes too---I'm always on the hunt for new ideas!

#23 ·
My Mawm is behind in posting my fabulous photos. Here I am at 15 weeks and I am BIG! About 14 lbs and maybe 13” tall—I dont stand still for measuring. I haven’t had an accident in the house in a LONG time but I hope my hoomans are staying alert cos it could still happen.

This was my favorite ball —I am a 76ers fan like my dad—but it‘s fabric and I chewed it open. Now I am working on destroying a NY YANKEES ball.

This soccer ball is fun too. I am a pretty good defender.

Here I am today—I am 4 months old! And I have been sleeping through the night all week! Life is good, and my hoomans think so too.

#28 · (Edited)
I am 18 weeks old now and I am like a fully grown mini! I went on May 18 and got the last of my shots and the doctor says I weigh 15.5 lbs. Probably more than that now coz I love to eat! My favorite chew is a good ole American cow ear. It is kind of disgusting to my mawm. I also went last week to meet other pandemic puppies like me for an hourlong play date. To be honest, I spent the first 10 minutes trying to get out of the fenced area—some of those other puppies were way too rambunctious for me! But then I met McGyver who was scared too and we played a little bit. A few minutes later I made another friend, Charlie, and we played for the rest of the time. It was so fun and I got very dirty and tired. Mawm told me we are going back for 4 more play date! Hooray! I also met my cousin Sally who kind of matches me in her fur color but she doesnt really like to play, maybe coz she is SO old—she’s already a year old! Yesterday I went to a brand new pet store and they gave me cheddar and bacon frozen yogurt! Mawm, you’ve been holding out on me! That stuff is great! Anyway, life is good. Next week I am going to get my FFF done—not sure what that is, but I hope it will be fun!

#29 ·
I am almost 5 months old! Lots has been happening, including going to the groomer for the first time. The first groomer didn‘t follow my Mawm’s instructions and trimmed my face like I am a doodle! That was awful. My mawm took me the next day to another groomer who made sure that I look like a real poodle. I also had another puppy play date that was super fun. But it sure is hot now with all my fur. I need a big haircut!

#30 ·
I am 21 weeks old now. I am 15” tall and weigh 19 pounds. The biggest thing that happened recently is that I got a summer hair cut. I also learned all by myself to jump up on a chair—my hoomans didn’t think I could do that! I am still going to my puppy play dates and playing with my friends Kruger and Charlie. Now I am going on longer walks near home and meeting other dogs but a lot of them are old and don’t want to play. I am also barking now if I hear something happening outside my house—just to alert my hoomans. I am pretty much perfect but my hoomans signed me up for “beginner life skills” classes in July. I guess then I will get to be extra perfect!

I got to watch the dog show!!

#32 · (Edited)
I am 23 weeks old now and weigh 20 lbs! I am about 16” now. My growth has really slowed down. Lots has been going on. I am losing teeth and getting new teeth and chewing A LOT. My mawm says to please stop trying to chew on the metal hinge on the kitchen island. She sure keeps an eagle eye on me! I graduated from my puppy socialization class and got a free toy. I’m gonna miss my new pals. I went to a class called recall and boy, there were some old dogs that don’t know how to do this! One of ‘em was 6 years old. I guess I have some time to learn this. I liked the treats a LOT. I just heard the loudest thing ever last night—my mawm called them fireworks. I was inside and sleepy so I didn’t care that much. But one thing I have learned is not to get caught in a rain storm. I did not like that wet feeling afterward. I also heard my hoomans talking about mawm having to go back to work after Labor Day and how she is going to start putting me in my crate while she’s working. UH OH!!
Here i am all wet. Ugh.

This is glamour shot.

I do like to nap still.

#38 ·
I turned 6 months old on July 8. Lots of my teeth have come in but I am still chewing hard for those molars and premolars. All 4 big sharp canines are in so that I can scare people and dogs if I want. But I pretty much like hoomans and I LOVE other dogs. I don’t get to meet all of them though coz their hoomans don’t always let me. I’m not that hungry these days but I do like all the special training treats I get at my puppy class. I’m learning so many things! Of course I already knew a bunch but I am getting better at everything, like sit, down, stand, stay, touch, focus, come. I also am getting used to being in my crate in the mornings during the week. I don‘t make a fuss—having a frozen Toppl is nice. But my mawm says I’m like a crazy boy in the afternoons and so maybe I will have to go in the crate then too for my nap. She keeps saying, “I have work to do!”—whatever that means. It’s been too hot to walk except in the morning and evening so I get a little bored. I really like to CHEW right now. C’mon, mawm, get me some more chews! I also went to see the nice groomer and jumped all over with excitement when I saw her but I heard her tell my mawm that I was nipping at her when she was shaving my feet. Oops, I better work on that. My mawm found a really good brush that doesn’t hurt so now I am letting her brush me at night for a few minutes. I’m a good boy except when I need to CHEW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.