Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Premium Member
Gus sounds like he is doing well! Have you taken him to the groomer yet?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Gus sounds like he is doing well! Have you taken him to the groomer yet?
Not yet, he'll get his last puppy shot and rabies vaccine in 2 1/2 weeks so I'll be making him an appointment around that time :)

I'm thinking it would be good for him to get a puppy cut to so he can get used to the experience, and so we can see his face a little more too!!

Registered
Not yet, he'll get his last puppy shot and rabies vaccine in 2 1/2 weeks so I'll be making him an appointment around that time :)

I'm thinking it would be good for him to get a puppy cut to so he can get used to the experience, and so we can see his face a little more too!!
Gus is quite the looker !

Yes, very important to have him groomed frequently for at least the first 12-18 months, so he can get used to it. Do the face even if you don鈥檛 want to when he鈥檚 older, so he learns to stay put and tolerate it. Nothing worse than a poodle that can鈥檛 be groomed...

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Week 3 - 14 weeks old
Gus is settling in well, getting more playful while still being an excellent snuggler. Pics this week are from visiting my mom's house, he ran zoomies in her grassy front yard and then burrowed himself a "nest" beneath the dog bed, silly boy!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Week 4 - 15 weeks old

Tried to get some pics in better lighting outside to show off his coloring, I'm curious if he will clear to a lighter color over time so I'm glad to be documenting his puppy-hood!

Attachments

Premium Member
He is very cute and I bet you will love seeing his poodley clean face. Even if you don't want to keep him looking clean faced down the road getting him to the groomer and having him get used to that grooming will be great for him.

Reactions: sairbnon

Registered
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Week 5 - 16 weeks old (& 13 lbs!)

I waited a couple extra days to post because Gus went to the groomer today!
She used a 10 blade instead of 7 because he wasn't loving it, but did tolerate everything ok. We'll go back in a couple of weeks for nails and table time, then in 4 weeks for another trim and bath.
I think he is already happier being able to see better :)

Also, just a public reminder that puppies grow fast and you shouldn't buy their costumes 4 weeks before Halloween :D We upgraded Gus from caterpillar to sushi roll when we realized how much he'd grown since we got him!

20181030_122639 by Stacie Robinson, on Flickr

20181030_122709 by Stacie Robinson, on Flickr

20181030_124822 by Stacie Robinson, on Flickr

20181024_175223 by Stacie Robinson, on Flickr

Premium Member
That鈥檚 a very kissable face! SO much easier to keep clean, including around the eyes. Lookin鈥 good, little Gus!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Week 6 - 17 weeks old

Gus had a puppy play date this week and is a confirmed water LOVING mpoo! He had a blast romping through the various water dishes and getting himself nice and dirty. I Had to laugh that this was scheduled days after his first groom, silly me :doh:

20181103_155346 by Stacie Robinson, on Flickr

He was pretty tuckered out that night

20181103_175659 by Stacie Robinson, on Flickr

Met the new foster pet, Tatertot the rabbit, and was a real gentleman (with 100% supervision, of course! But he handled himself beautifully and respected the bunny's space.)

20181031_160947 by Stacie Robinson, on Flickr

I should have been taking care of those baskets full of clean laundry but couldn't manage to tear myself away from puppy snuggles...

20181104_124039 by Stacie Robinson, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 22 Posts