Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing "Master Fenton", brown male Toy Poodle. Baby Boy was born March 16, 2016.

Here, the little puppy is 3.5 weeks old.....

Kassie

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Master Fenton - 5 weeks old

In these photos, little Master Fenton, is 5 weeks old (taken today).

The little fellow looks a bit saddened. Today, was his first bath, blow dry, powdered and face trim!

What a handsome little fellow.....

LOL. Wish I can kiss him, but I know he is in great beloved hands of his breeder and guardian....

Love to all

Kassie

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Powder Pun

He does look sad, poor little baby... What's the powder for, never heard of that ?
I was kidding about the powder! I was thinking "fluffed and powdered and ready to step out"...but of course, we are talking of a poodle.

LOL. I am tired. Hugs

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fenton - 6 weeks old today

The little fellow is 6 weeks old today. He is a brown male toy poodle.

I am getting very excited about meeting the little baby boy, learning about his character and holding him and smothering him with light whispery kisses...

Here are some photo updates I just received from the breeder......

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crazy Whilst Falling in Love - Internet Dating

Its kinda like internet dating. I await his photos eagerly every week,and then, when I can not stand the wait no longer, I sent a text to the caregiver (breeder), almost begging (with decorum) of a photo update. The pup looked sad last week after his first hair cut, so I was eager to see him this week. Prior to his "haircut", the breeder sent me a couple of videos so I got to see the puppy move, and whimper as he kept his focus on climbing into his breeder's arms for a cuddle. So, I got a "glimpse" of a cuddly boop, but otherwise, not clear on his developing character. He is looking like he is growing up with a mighty Donald Trump tou-pee! We chuckle cause he looks so lovable. Hope you all enjoy his pics over the next 52 weeks! He is a stylin kinda little guy with his hairstyle and deep chocolate tresses!! LOL...can't wait to meet him....

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
WOW! That is a beautiful puppy!

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Oh, my. He is a darling. I know the torture of waiting but he still needs his Momma, his siblings and the sure hands of his breeder a while longer. Congratulations on Master Fenton!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love, love, love brown Toys :). Did I miss if you posted where he's coming from?

It's fun watching Master Fenton develop. I can't wait till he comes home to you.
I live on Vancouver Island, Canada. Fenton lives in Texas. When I was speaking back and forth with the breeder, the agreement we made is I would meet Fenton's plane in Seattle. His breeder has shipped there alot and just had recently shipped a puppy, so she was familiar with time lines. The Breeder is great. I just spoke with her on Sunday. When Fenton is 8 weeks old (May 11th), she will evaluate him as when he will be ready for travel. We will schedule on a Saturday because the Breeder says it is lighter traffic, with less congestion at Houston Airport etc. That works for me.

My daughter and I are super excited, but relaxed at the same time. Finding Fenton was the hard part, watching him grow is exciting and waiting for him is part of the journey. He is a single pup, so he gets lots of loves and cuddles. I am at peace knowing he is in the best loving arms and when he is sturdy enough, he'll be placed on a plane, which he hopefully will sleep through, and I will be there on the other side, with my 13 year old daughter, to gather him up close and whisper welcomes and give loving kisses.

I am also using this experience as life lessons with my Daughter. She is going through challengings times. We lost our little toy poodle suddenly on Easter Sunday, and we were not yet recovered over the loss of our majestic male shepherd from the September before, also an unexpected loss. We are nursing two sickly older animals, whom we do anticipate passing. So, alot of saddness and loss. I wanted to bring fresh life, chuckles and smiles. Which is why I did endless long hours of searching when Mister Hobbs, the toy poodle passed. Our family was shell shocked, or at least I was. I felt betrayed by the Creator for a short time, because that was a sudden tearing loss with no warning at all.

I love black poodles, but I wanted some little dog that was different. Brown or red seemed a good choice but very very hard to find. I was lucky to find Fenton. And once I had him, once the breeder agreed to sell him to me, and once the deposit was sent, which confirmed my serious intent to the breeder, the waterfall tears that were always flooding my eyes, stopped. I still feel deep saddness for my recent losses and anxiety of my pending losses, but I understand and I accept the cycle of life. Fenton breathes new life and new beginnings and is a reminder, that life is for daily living..to enjoy every moment, as life is so full of "sudden and unexpected change".

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
He will be with you in no time! Barely a week and a half now! How wonderful to have found him. Sounds to me as it was ment to be. He was born to be found by you and your family. He is going to fit in great and be the next chapter in your lives. Loss never gets easier, its just time that helps ease the pain, and your precious ones will be in your heart forever, guiding and helping you along the way. I look forward to seeing Fenton arrive safe and sound and watching him grow up right along side of you.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
I have a 13 yr old G-Daughter and I know she has a hard time understanding 'Why' things happen as they do............it's a difficult age. They are soooo sensitive to all that happens around them. She has lost 2 elderly kitties and an elderly Yellow Lab in the last 6 months and there is another kitty who is showing his age...........those 'life lessons' were only made easier by the addition of a new puppy also! I hope your Daughter and You find new life and laughter in your new pup also! Wishing you many happy days in the future!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 13 yr old G-Daughter and I know she has a hard time understanding 'Why' things happen as they do............it's a difficult age. They are soooo sensitive to all that happens around them. She has lost 2 elderly kitties and an elderly Yellow Lab in the last 6 months and there is another kitty who is showing his age...........those 'life lessons' were only made easier by the addition of a new puppy also! I hope your Daughter and You find new life and laughter in your new pup also! Wishing you many happy days in the future!
Thank you. Life is full of lessons and we must accept it.

Fenton is a new member of our family, one to replace 4. its a good start....new beginnings. I just sent my final payment to the breeder. This made a big dent in the bank account and a heart more full because of it.....

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fenton - 7 weeks old

Fenton is growing up. I just received the photos for this week. He was 7 weeks old yesterday. The photos were taken this morning. He is so cute. I guess next week, the breeder will decide when he will be ready to travel. He is worth waiting for.........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
OM GOODNESS ! He a very pretty baby! That face is just a picture of innocence!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is exciting the moment I see an email from the breeder, my heart skips quite a beat, to see the photos of the growing baby boy. In his first pictures, taken when he was 3.5 weeks old, Fenton looked like a blob of brown fur. In the 5th week photo, I could see his face but he looked sad. When I saw yesterday's photos, I can see Fenton is developing into a very pretty boy. The breeder has also sent a few videos, and yesterday's video saw him charmingly do a front feet tap dance, and bunny hops, all the while with a waggly tail. It will be so lovely to have a poodle in the house again. A poodle just brings something "je ne sais pas" that other breeds do not. Something that makes them sparkle with a comical joy. Something.......

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Slightly deflated, but I understand

I just got news from the breeder that Fenton won't be travelling for a couple of weeks. He will be 8 weeks on May, 11th, so next Wednesday. The plan is to fly him from Houston to Seattle, and I would drive across the border to meet his plane, and drive back across, then ferry to Vancouver Island. The breeder said she would not be sending him until the 21st or even the 28th of May (at which point he would be 9 or 10 weeks). I understand, of course, he is a small breed, and he needs to be sturdy enough for travel. His flight will be about 5 hours long and a 2-hour drive from his breeders. I get it, and I am on-side for what is best. I wanted to hold him soon, while he is still little....I''l have to ask for more videos and more photos so I can be part of his growing up journey.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts