Poodle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
He is getting big!
He sure is! 27.4 lbs. yesterday at the vet. He's now fully vaccinated for the root vaccines (Distemper, Hepatitis (CAV-2), Parovirus, Parainfluenza).
Now she is strongly recommending additional vaccines for Lepto, and Lyme starting in 2 weeks from now. I'm in CT (The disease was named after Old Lyme, CT), so I'm definitely in an affected area. I didn't ask the cost of it yet. Does it ever end (vaccines)?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Elroy is 17½ weeks now. When I weighed him at 17 weeks, he was 30 lbs. He just finished his first 34# bag of PPP Puppy kibble, so the first bag lasted about 9 weeks. Everything is still coming along great with him. He's put his paws up on the counter a couple of times now, so I may be in for some new antics. I made a very low Teeter-Totter to see if I could train him to cross it. He learned it in like 15 minutes! Here's a video of him doing it only minutes after we started! He's taking a break now.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Elroy is 20½ weeks old now. He is still a super well behaved puppy! He weighs 35.4 lbs and is 21½" at the withers.
He knows (but doesn't always listen) his Name, Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Paw, Other paw, Fetch, Bring it, Leave it. Of these, Come, needs more work. I haven't taught Off at all yet, but in general, doesn't need an off (I know, he will). He walks loose leash most of the time. Starting to heel well. We're working on sitting at the curb prior to crossing the road. He doesn't counter surf, doesn't chew furniture or other inappropriate things. He's very tolerant of thunderstorms, fireworks, trains, and other loud startling noises in general. He pees and poops in the right place 1/3 of the time. He hasn't pooped in the house in a couple of months, plus, and hasn't pee'd in the house in 4 weeks. He loves everybody he meets regardless of size, shape, color, sex, or funky clothing. He loves all other dogs, although sometimes the feeling is not mutual.
He still jumps up on people when he meets them, but not too exuberantly. He is starting to take an interest/chase squirrels, birds, and rabbits. He still doesn't like to be in his crate and the only time he's in there is when I feed him his stuffed Kongs, or when he's in a time out (very infrequently). He's not afraid of it, just doesn't consider it his happy place. At bedtime he sleeps alone downstairs, but usually is on the floor in my room when I wake up. I'd like him to sleep in the bed with me, but it's not something I want to force. He's not afraid to get on the bed as he'll get up there when he's zooming. He doesn't snuggle much (I hope this changes), but he does like to sit against my legs, loves to give kisses, and loves to be caressed all over. He doesn't like his legs/feet being combed/brushed, but is fine with the rest of his body. He seems to like riding in the car, but maybe he is just tolerating it, because he needs to be coaxed/helped into it. I want him to jump in exuberantly. He's eating his kibble with great enthusiasm 3x/day. 0830, 1430, and 2030. 335g of Purina Pro Plan Puppy. He has yet to turn down a meal, nor has he left a morsel behind after eating. He still uses his slow feed bowl, kongs, and puzzle games for the portion of his meals that aren't hand fed (via treats).

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
You and Elroy are such a joy to behold. Good vibes abound in your every post and photo ✌.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
He is an unbelievably calm, velcro, happy/friendly, wonderful puppy! I feel like I got the best puppy in the world! I am positive that a good portion of the credit belongs here on PF. Such good advice! Thank you all!

·
Super Moderator
10,311 Posts
He is an unbelievably calm, velcro, happy/friendly, wonderful puppy! I feel like I got the best puppy in the world! I am positive that a good portion of the credit belongs here on PF. Such good advice! Thank you all!
It takes a village. :)

I love that photo with the yellow flowers.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts