Poodle Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Up until this evening, Elroy has paid zero attn to squirrels and birds which are numerous in the yard. Tonight he took interest in some sparrows squawking in a shrub, then he made a bee line for the shrub, and flushed them out. Prey drive awakened!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Great video! So lively.
I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but my boy likes to pee and poo on hoses too...
As far as I know, that was the only time he pee'd on a hose (I have several). He hasn't pooped on one yet either. When I'm using it, he does think it makes a good chew toy though!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nice to see him being a dog! Gorgeous pup!
Yep. He's being a dog already! He's already going up and down flights of stairs too. 2nd floor bedrooms and basement are within reach now. He's followed me to each level. He was scared to come down the stairs the 1st time, and I showed him how to do it. I didn't have to show him a 2nd time. Today, for the first time, while he was zooming around, he ventured up the stairs while I wasn't even up there. Gotta keep my eyes on him!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Since I'm not supposed to walk Elroy where other dogs have been, I took him to a relatively new, 100 acre open space, area in my town. It used to be a golf course. The owners wanted to sell it to a developer, and the town bought it instead. We had a good, meandering, 2½ hour walk & sniff! He saw some geese, and a number of other wild birds. Explored tons of plants, grasses, and wild flowers. Played with some caterpillars, and chased a Moth. We were the only ones there, except for a young teen walking thru with a fishing pole. There is a swift flowing brook running thru the area, but it was deeply eroded/gorged so not too much access. We did get down to it twice, and Elroy dipped his feet with little hesitation. He was quit tired after the stroll. A good day indeed!

·
Premium Member
10,017 Posts
Welcome Elroy! He is so darn cute and is giving me flashbacks as well. Congratulations on this guy. He is going to grow into those big feet:)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
HAHAHA! I had a good laugh from that perfect progression of pics. Elroy is being the perfect puppy specimen, exploring the world with his mouth. Such a CUTE boy! I want a black standard poodle, and this thread is making the fever flare up.
I thought I wanted one of the creams Donna had. I'm soooo glad she new better and gave me Elroy! She new how much I was into gardening, and said "you really want a black..."! He's been gardening as much as me!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I still laugh when I scroll thru them too! It really is a perfect progression!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts