281 - 299 of 299 Posts

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle 02/20/21
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Trick idea for Elroy?

Dogs are SO helpful with gardening.
Annie at that age... I was transplanting daylilies and hosta. Turned around and all the daylilies I had planted had been dug up and were under the tree!
HaHa! Maybe next spring we'll try that! Somehow, I think it will turn out a little different 🤣!

·
Registered
109 Posts
B is such a digger too unless I am actively engaging her. My yard is a hot mess, as they say, so for me it's been much less about the aesthetics and more about not wanting it to be a habit for her when the yard one day IS the way I'd like it.

I do the air dry method thus far after baths, too. So far combing has been easy given it's puppy hair. Do you find Elroy to mat much given the air dry method? I could go about getting a dryer eventually.... but I'm also pretty low maintenance and don't even use one for my own waist length hair so.... like mama like daughter?

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
I brush Elroy daily. Even every day brushing has some good tangles, especially on his lower legs, hocks. He's never had a mat to date.
As for air dry only, IDK. I take Elroy in for professional grooming every 6-7 weeks, so he gets a good blow dry then. I'm relieved (much easier to brush) after he's been groomed, so I do think it's necessary to some extent. I bath and air dry him once between professional groomings.

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
Today he dug a bigger one, probably because the dirt was so soft and fluffy (garden beds). I'll put the Hyacinths back in and cover them over. Ohhh! Such a good boy😍!
ELROY'S GARDENING SERVICES
🌷🌹🌺🎋We Dig It 🎋🌺🌹🌷

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Water dog Working animal

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Well I think it's official. Elroy has switched from 3 meals a day to 2 meals a day. He now eats ½ his food sometime between 4 and 6pm, and the balance around 9:30 to 11pm. I finally caved a couple of days ago and increased his portions to ½ his daily rations.

281 - 299 of 299 Posts