Poodle Forum banner
181 - 200 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,640 Posts
Well that's good to know. His growling and barking seems related to the frustration of not being able to get a grip on it (with his mouth). It's definitely not an angry growl or bark. I'll try out some impulse control management as suggested.

It was my first time at Chittenango. Quite the scenery! My nephew and his family live about 8 miles from the falls in Canastota.
We've never had a hard ball that big. Peeves had a very large (horse sized) jolly ball with a handle so he would carry it by the handle or if one of us had the handle it was soft enough that he could sink his teeth into it. The poodles have never played with it. I think that growly behavior probably is out of a level of frustration, but it is also a good problem solving situation for Elroy.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The Jolly soccer ball is another good big ball toy. Soft flexible plastic, but it doesn't deflate when popped. We have had ours for about 2 years now and it's a huge favourite here.

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 · (Edited)
Elroy was such a good boy for his groomers (there are 2 of them, Lauren and Lisa) today! They said he was soooo good and had nothing but good things to say about him! I provided written instructions and referenced the "Retriever Clip" from Kalstones poodle grooming book. As it turns out, my reference prompted some amazing discussion. One of my groomers (Lisa), was actually trained by Shirlee Kalstone! She (Lisa) now has (10) toy poodles, (2) of which were present in the shop, that she grooms and shows. A couple of them are grand champions (of something)! I don't think they have many poodle clients, and I think they treat Elroy extra special! He loves them too! Here he is! Showing off his new Kalstones "Retriever Clip"! He looks so handsome (and pretty) !
Oh yeah! Couldn't pass up buying Elroy a new toy while I was there! He now has an apple scented Jolly Ball (which he already loves!)!

181 - 200 of 241 Posts