Poodle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 109 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
He is so cute! What color is he supposed to be? I love the name! We are (hopefully) getting our very first brown standard poodle around August. I have already chosen a name if it's a male: Bruno! Especially because Bruno is an old German name and comes from brown.

He is a sable phantom so he will probably clear to a light color with black ears and maybe face! I love the name Bruno! I picked it cause it was the dogs name in Cinderella and it just sounds like a good name for a dog! That’s super exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #25 ·

This was my moms sable phantom puppy London

And this is London now at almost a year

So Bruno is darker than her puppy picture I think so I’m curious to see if he will clear as light as her. Bruno’s dad was sable phantom but he is like a silver color almost with dark ears and the dark makeup on the face.

Wow, your family just keeps growing!

Another handsome addition!

I look forward to watching Bruno grow up! He and London remind me a bit of Willard and some of his litter-mates.

Discussion starter · #33 ·

Bruno is doing so good! He is totally potty trained which went waaaay faster than either of my other two. He caught on right away and he goes to the door Ana scratches at it and then looks at me when he needs to go out. Of course if I get busy doing something and don’t realize he needs to go out he will have an accident since at this age they can’t hold it long. He knows sit and stay well and we are working on lay down. He is so calm and laid back and I’m hoping he stays like this. He was crate trained right away too which also took way longer for my other two! GiGi I remember took forever to crate train. We had to play her music every night and cover her kennel with a blanket lol. Bruno hasn’t had any accidents in his crate either. He is super good for grooming. I put him on the grooming table and brush and comb him out every day and shave his nose and toes each week so he will be used to it. He is perfect for it now although the first time he was crazy and I was scared it was going to be a nightmare. lol but I just decided to wait till the next day then and he was perfect when I tried again. He knows his name and he comes when called. He is a total piggy and loves to eat lol and has a fat belly all the time! Him and Samson are best friends and Gigi likes him now too. They all play good together but him and Samson especially like to play and wrestle. It is super cute to watch because Bruno acts like Samson’s super annoying little brother following him everywhere but Samson seems to enjoy it haha. Anyway here’s some new pics from today

Discussion starter · #34 ·

Bruno is doing so good! He is totally potty trained which went waaaay faster than either of my other two. He caught on right away and he goes to the door Ana scratches at it and then looks at me when he needs to go out. Of course if I get busy doing something and don’t realize he needs to go out he will have an accident since at this age they can’t hold it long. He knows sit and stay well and we are working on lay down. He is so calm and laid back and I’m hoping he stays like this. He was crate trained right away too which also took way longer for my other two! GiGi I remember took forever to crate train. We had to play her music every night and cover her kennel with a blanket lol. Bruno hasn’t had any accidents in his crate either. He is super good for grooming. I put him on the grooming table and brush and comb him out every day and shave his nose and toes each week so he will be used to it. He is perfect for it now although the first time he was crazy and I was scared it was going to be a nightmare. lol but I just decided to wait till the next day then and he was perfect when I tried again. He knows his name and he comes when called. He is a total piggy and loves to eat lol and has a fat belly all the time! Him and Samson are best friends and Gigi likes him now too. They all play good together but him and Samson especially like to play and wrestle. It is super cute to watch because Bruno acts like Samson’s super annoying little brother following him everywhere but Samson seems to enjoy it haha. Anyway here’s some new pics from today

21 - 40 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.