Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Bruno is a real cutie and so tiny next to his sibling.

Reactions: Jessica_

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
He's adorable!!! OMG! The color is so striking. I think Bruno is a great name for him. That was the name of my second childhood dog when I was ten years old and started training. It's just a great name to go with a dog that looks a little like a teddy bear and that's your guy. It will be cool to see his color as he grows. He's just cute and your big one is pretty as well.

Reactions: Jessica_

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! He is doing super good so far! Gigi does not like him yet so we are just giving her space from him for now and extra cuddles while she gets used to the change. She isn’t mean she just acts scared of him and wants him nowhere near her. She growls quietly and runs from him like she is annoyed. Which is so weird cause she usually loves all other dogs and loves playing with my moms poodles and Samson. Maybe she just doesn’t like puppies lol.

GiGi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Awwww...so stinkin' cute. Just so soft and fluffy. And all worn out.

Gigi will come around with some time. Just be sure to lavish plenty of attention on her too. And good things happen when puppy is near. Associate Bruno with a really good time which includes treats. Puppies can be annoying to the older ones It's wise of you to be giving her own space and away from puppy some of the time. I know my poodles, when they were puppies were hard on my old Chihuahua...such pests. So she had to have a place to get away from them. And in time they'll all become buddies. (usually)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awwww...so stinkin' cute. Just so soft and fluffy. And all worn out.

Your big dog will come around with some time. Just be sure to lavish plenty of attention on her too. And good things happen when puppy is near. Associate Bruno with a really good time which includes treats. Puppies can be annoying to the older ones so make sure to give the older girl her own space and away from puppy. I know my poodles, when they were puppies were hard on my old Chihuahua...such pests. So she had to have a place to get away from them. And in time they'll all become buddies. (usually)

Thank you for the advice! I have been giving Gigi lots of extra attention and she’s been loose in the house with Bruno all day but she can jump up onto the couch to get away if she wants to and he can’t get up there! She mostly stays away form him but she did go over and give him some sniffs while he was sleeping haha. Sneaky girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22,883 Posts
Lily really really had no use for Javelin when he first came home too. It took many months for her to decide she was willing to play with him. Support your girl and be patient and she will tell you whether she wants to be his friend or not.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
What a cutie, and I love the pictures with the big dogs! That sable color is so interesting, can’t wait to see how it clears as he grows.

I too am acclimating my older dogs to a puppy. Lily (age 9) is the most enthusiastic about her, but the other two probably wish I would send her down the highway most of the time. But they’re all figuring it out, new roles, new expectations....us humans aren’t too crazy about change either!

·
Registered
13 Posts
He is so cute! What color is he supposed to be? I love the name! We are (hopefully) getting our very first brown standard poodle around August. I have already chosen a name if it's a male: Bruno! Especially because Bruno is an old German name and comes from brown.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts