Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met Bailey at the St. Louis airport on July 7, 2018. He was 15 weeks old and had been flown from Orlando. Just a big fluff ball. He was an absolute lamb during the 2 hour drive to our home town of Cape Girardeau, Missouri. “What a calm little boy,” I thought. “This will be easy!” Um. Wrong! Little Bailey has a very different personality from my 9-year-old spoo — Bear — who was born with one of the calmest temperaments I’ve seen in a dog. Bailey is ALL PUPPY I soon discovered. I quickly adapted a section of our house to him by gating it off and puppy proofing as best I could! Our first week was devoted to teaching him to stop jumping on us and mouthing our hands and clothes with his sharp little baby teeth. A visit to his new vet 2 days after his arrival confirmed that he was a healthy boy and he had no adverse effects from the booster vaccinations or kennel cough treatment. He slept beside my bed in the same smallish travel crate that he had occupied for his trip to St. Louis. Very cooperative when I would awaken him for a middle-of-the-night potty break. But wow I was tired from supervising him inside and outside the home! We have an underground fence but it was too soon to introduce him to that so we would go out with his harness and a leash, which he thought was just the best thing to chew on! IMG_1816.JPG IMG_1819.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m going to post more! Just trying to figure out how to do subsequent “weeks” as a sequential post rather than a reply to my first post. Or is that how one does it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here is Bailey the following week, age 16 weeks. Still not to the groomer yet. Just a bath at home!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181002/e8c18c50176373590328ffd6d4419b6e.jpg[/IMG]

23 weeks & second groom

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally decided that the way to share was to do so through the reply button and it worked! I will be posting more. Thanks for responding!

·
Super Moderator
3,065 Posts
Bailey is beautiful spoo and very photogenic. I especially like the portrait of the two of you on Post 6 and the lovely vibrant colors in the garden of him on Post 7. And Bear! Wow, he's such a big guyl good that he's a calm role model and friend for Bailey. Very nice update, thank you for sharing. I also hope you enter into one of our monthly photo contests.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi there! I love photography and my furry babies. It would be fun to enter a photo contest and see cool pictures from others. I’ll have to poke around the site and see if I can find it. Thanks so much for your comments!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts