Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 weeks

Not sure I'm doing this right but here are photos of Anna at 10 weeks.

(Husband insisted she wasn't going to be getting on the couch. He had her on his lap the first day!) She's doing really good in all respects. We have her crated by the bed at night and she gets up once to go outside and then right back to bed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,103 Posts
Anna is a very pretty puppy and a lovely name for her too. I look forward to seeing her first year unfold. Enjoy this super special first year.

Reactions: Popper

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Not sure I'm doing this right but here are photos of Anna at 10 weeks.

(Husband insisted she wasn't going to be getting on the couch. He had her on his lap the first day!) She's doing really good in all respects. We have her crated by the bed at night and she gets up once to go outside and then right back to bed.
Welcome to you and Anna. I can see Anna has daddy wrapped around her cute little paw - and she knows that couch is very comfortable and the place for a spoo to be.

·
Registered
739 Posts
She is adorable! My husband had the same rule that went out the window very quickly! Just keep up when you can with the pics. I’m doing a 52 week thread too and sometimes it is several weeks between posting. I figure at the end of a year I will be so glad to look back. :)

·
Premium Member
10,015 Posts
Very pretty puppy! Any updates and pics , no matter how sporadic of Anna, will be appreciated. We LUV puppies:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
11 weeks

I thought I posted this yesterday but since i don't see it, I'll try again. Sorry if we end up with duplicates. Here's a pic of Anna week 11. She was 9.6 lbs at 8 weeks and when we took her in for her second set of shots this week, she was 15 lbs. Her face is getting pretty fuzzy but I'm undecided whether to try to shave it or save it for her first pro groomer appointment once she gets her final set of shots. I'm determined to groom myself, at least for maintenance purposes and so far we've done a bit on her feet. It is slow going, but she's getting better with each attempt (me too :)) If nothing else, I hope she'll at least be on good behavior when I do get her to the groomer.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
She is so pretty! I think your grooming on her is looking good. I was able to get my boy to the groomer before his shots were complete. She would take him first thing in the morning and call as soon as he was ready. Took maybe an hour to hour and a half.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm. I hadn't thought to ask if a groomer would take her earlier than when she had all her shots. I need to get a groomer lined up so that is definitely something I'll ask about. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
12 weeks

We started puppy class this week and Anna did fine with the individual training but when we let the puppies off leash for a few minutes it was quickly apparent that she was afraid of the other puppies, even those half her size. She is obviously interested, just scared of them. I took her to a puppy play session last night and same thing but I think she was a little better. The trainers seemed to think she'd come around- I sure hope so.

Anna loves chasing an old, deflated football I kick around the yard. She plays fetch with just about anything but plays keep away when she gets a hold of something she knows she shouldn't have (socks, shoes, etc- but luckily so far no interest n phones, remotes or the like).

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
13 and 14 weeks

Anna weighed in at 21.4 lbs at the beginning of her 15th week today. The vet thought she might end up at about 45 lbs. It will be interesting to see what happens. I did get an appointment with a groomer for a face, feet and fanny groom but not for another three weeks so her face will be really shaggy by then. It will likely be the last time I let it grow out as I do like the clean face look but thought I'd let it go while she's a puppy. I'll have a full groom done 4-6 weeks after the first one

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Such a pretty girl, she is growing so nicely. It is very good you found a puppy class for her so that she could learn not to fear other dogs. I wish I had had that for my boy as I think it would have helped him a lot. In the outdoor pictures she looks like she is beginning to lighten up in color. I can't wait to see her with her face trim she is going to look a lot different. I never thought I would like the clean face when I first got my boy but I love it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
16 weeks

I guess I messed up along the way because Anna was 16 weeks on Sunday. Scheduled for a groom in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait. The shaggy face is cute but a pain when she drinks and especially digs in the dirt. Far from the worst its been but a dirty face puppy picture is below along with a pic showing one of her favorite upside down sleeping positions. I continue to try to keep her feet somewhat clean but am just using a #10 until I feel more confident. I'll try to keep up with her face after the pro takes care of it in a couple weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
17th week

Anna seems to be more excitable than a lot of other puppies. When she sees new people, she barks, jumps, wiggles, squeels, etc. much more than other puppies in our class. I continue to work on focus and self control. I sure hope she gets over it. We had a little bit of off leash time at a local dog park where we were the only ones there at the time. I was surprised that she stuck so close to us.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
19th week

Missed getting any pictures last week which is too bad because we went camping and she did great. But, at last we got her to the groomer today so i'm posting a some before and after pictures. She looks so much more petite with her clean face. My attempts to condition her to grooming really paid off because the groomer said she did great and gave much of the credt to me having worked with her.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,103 Posts
Well she's been cute all along, but she is really really lovely with the little bit of a groom. Kudos to you for helping her to be easily accepting of it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts