Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Angus.
Standard.
14 weeks, adopted from a backyard breeder this week. Underweight (11 lbs) and filthy. Cleaning up his ears & body, working on weight & muscle gain.
Sweet & super curious.
Quickly learning to play with toys, tug, and fetch.

Suspect he will clear to Café au Lait from his current brown. Mom was Café.

Watch him grow ?

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
So glad you started a 52 week thread so we can watch Angus grow up! Despite a rough start in life he sounds like he is doing great with you. I think curious puppies are the best! My GSD has been great with my young standard poodle but my older spoo just tolerates him most of the time with just a few moments of fun play each day. I am coming to the end of my 52 week thread and never thought I would make it a whole year! Glad I did it though. Again looking forward to Angus pics!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Thanks! I'll check out your thread!
All three dogs hung out on the bed this morning with no snark. The pup kept edging closer to the GSD who had a few yawns and one snip at the pup that was so harmless the pup didn't even react LOL every day gets better!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
15 weeks!
15 weeks
Weight: TBD

First haircut.

Haircut goals: super rockstar topknot

Started clicker training. Working on: sit, leave it, come, eye contact & in/out of crate.
Fave Toy: Pinky... already trashed.

Socialization: met big & little people, beards, glasses, alpacas, geese (SCARY!), strollers & bikes, doorways, cars, traffic

Accepted into the pack by Nixie & Bandit

While still underweight and way undersize, Angus is eating well and increasing in strength and energy. His ears are clean and healthy. He feels like an energetic puppy .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,687 Posts
I predict he will be a good eater, once he settles in. Big changes for your cute puppy and all exciting:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your comments! That clean face is so kissable ?

16 Weeks
* Growing! No more jutting hip bones! A round puppy belly and lots of muscle... He gained 1.5 lbs his first week, so I'm excited to weigh him later this week as he has GROWN!
* Master of the "sit!", fetcher of all the things
* BFFs with Nixie, Bandit still indifferent
*Figured out the humans catch him... doing the dodge and run when it's time to stop playing. Working on that!
* Found his voice.
* First swim
* New motto: "and you don't muss around with Gus!" (Think Jim Croce...)
* Today was first day with no pee in the house (incidentally, cut back on water (over) drinking.. technical term 'dipsomania' (not my first dipsomaniac!)
*Been referred to as the Gremlin more than once (as in, who fed the Gremlin after midnight?!)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
You’re doing a wonderful job with Angus - what a lucky puppy having all that fun.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Looks like you and Angus are doing good things. He looks like a happy boy! He is so lucky to have you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts