Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry turned 2 in August and this last week I swear she is going through another coat change! She mats and tangles even with a good combing every night and looks scruffy again almost instantly. I'm tempted to shave her down again and have her wear a sweater when it's chilly. Anyone else go through something like this? Maybe I'm just crazy....

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I'm not in standard territory but I'm sure I've seen members post on this.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
My Poppy went though a second coat change beginning at age 2.......she changed from black to blue. I had known she would be blue but during her puppy coat change very little of her color changed. I had a horrible time with clippers jamming up and her coat matting badly but we made it through the second coat change by keeping her coat VERY short with a 5 blade on the body, 10 blade face feet and sanitary! This second change took about 10 months....hang in there.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Merry turned 2 in August and this last week I swear she is going through another coat change! She mats and tangles even with a good combing every night and looks scruffy again almost instantly. I'm tempted to shave her down again and have her wear a sweater when it's chilly. Anyone else go through something like this? Maybe I'm just crazy.... View attachment 469974
Is she as sweet as she looks?? I cannot get enough of your precious girl.

Is it possible she's just finally reaching the end of her first coat change? Peggy's started with a bang (matted ears!!) and then progressed much more gradually after that. At 16 months, her body is finally starting to resemble her wiry rump. It's clipped with a 5, so luckily no matting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts