Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2020 eligibility list for the 2020 Rally Nationals is available here. Noelle and I qualified in Excellent. I'm still deciding if we should go. Anyone else going?

·
Premium Member
23,156 Posts
Lily and I are qualified for the Championship (2 master, 1 excellent and 1 advanced run). I am not sure about whether I will go or not. BF qualified for a national championship fencing tournament the weekend before and I think he has decided not to go which makes it a bit easier for me to consider Rally nationals, but it is a long trip and I would have to make it a quick trip since summer school will be finishing one course and then starting another around that weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be fun to Q at Nationals. Excellent is two runs in two different rings. Noelle has consistently scored in the upper 90's in Excellent, but I worry the venue would be overwhelming for her. I'm still deciding.

·
Premium Member
23,156 Posts
I know Lily is likely to have a meltdown somewhere among those four runs. I am not obsessive about placing highly or even Qing all four runs, just would enjoy the trip with her if I can work out the logistics for the travel. Summer classes put a wrench in the works.

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Congratulations to both of you! I am excited to hear about the experience if you decide to go.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Premium Member
23,156 Posts
Well, if you and Lily are going, we'll have to meet up. That would be amazing. Who knows, we might actually qualify. Road trip!
For sure. That would be fun!

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Congratulations to both of you. It's quite an honor.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice! You made me look--Neely qualified in Excellent. I doubt I'll go, but I hope you do and that you have a blast!

·
Premium Member
23,156 Posts
My Havanese qualified but I don't plan to go. I think it would be too much for her.

Tikkadog Lily and I went in 2014 and again in 2017 (Harrisburg, PA and Georgia). Both times we were in the champion class which was then 2 runs each in advanced and excellent. We had a great time, but Lily had one meltdown each of the years we went. It is very very intense, so you need to just focus on making it fun as best you can, unless you have a bombproof dog.

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
The 2020 eligibility list for the 2020 Rally Nationals is available here. Noelle and I qualified in Excellent. I'm still deciding if we should go. Anyone else going?
Well done

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, it's official. I got my email invitation yesterday. Still deciding if I should go. It'll be a stressful venue for Noelle. And she cannot back up three steps. And I'm trying to talk myself out of it. But, there's a tiny little part of me going, whoo hoo, Noelle. Nationals! We did it! Whoo hoo. And that joyful part is getting louder.

·
Premium Member
23,156 Posts
Our email invite just arrived a little while ago. I am proud we qualified (for the 5th time I think), am happy to have an 11 year old dog who is still a willing partner, but think I am leaning heavily towards not going. The logistics of driving by myself to Ohio just barely a month after our trip to the Indy 500 coupled to having to make the whole trip there, showing and getting back to Long Island in 96 hours (Thursday to Sunday) or less just sounds really daunting. Additionally I would need a substitute to give a final exam for my first summer class and then have my head collected enough to start a new class on the following Monday. I'm getting too old for all of this! I wish I had a crystal ball and knew where 2021 was going to be. If it was going to be Harrisburg, PA (the first location) I would do the work to Q for that.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hear you on the drive. I'm still weighing it myself. I'm not the world's most confident driver and that's a long ride. The worst part is going east from my house means dealing with 294/80/94. Trucks, trucks, people texting, crazy drivers, and trucks. Way too many merges and not enough room. If I go, I may go south in Illinois and cut east in central Illinois. Skip the whole mess.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts