Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Holy crap...what a busy week this has been for seizures and rescues!! Thank Heavens these rescues are happening. It is sad and horrible, but we need to see more of this going on!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Would now be a good time to put in a plug for donations to your local poodle rescue group? It's getting tough in this economy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We don't *have* one in our state. :(

Georgia Poodle Rescue is the closest (btw, for some reason they aren't listed at VIP's rescue org page).

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Carolina Poodle Rescue, located close to Spartenburg SC, is also close!
We often get recuse from the Tenn area!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
There is one in NC as well.....I have a feeling some of these dogs will go to other states in hopes to place them quicker. So it really does not matter which you donate to.

I am so pissed off by this! :bird: The shelters are going to be overloaded, we are just looking at poodles that have been seized! :fish: SCAREY THOUGHT.....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I believe the Poodle rescue in NC is ran by the Carolina Poodle club, it is the same person that runs the one in SC. Sadly she is so overwhelmed by poodles needing rescued, she is desperate need of foster homes. Alot of the dogs she has are ones that have problems that make them difficult to place.....I have spoken with her several times when I was in NC doing rescue.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Holy Wow!! Is it an epidemic?! Or, perhaps people are becoming more aware of these things.

I especially like this quote from the article:
"When you purchase a dog through the Internet, through classified add, through a pet store, you have no idea where they're coming from, you have no idea the horror that these dogs have endured," Scally said.

·
Registered
336 Posts
221 Poodles! Unbelievable!

Unbelievable!

Watch the video; a real shocker.

People need to see that video before they buy from puppy mills.

221 Poodles and the breeder gets away without being charged because she surrendered the poodles and is working with the authorities. Unbelievable!

What is the difference between this story in Tenn., and the lady that had the poodles in VA., in that story I think it was called Whispering Pines? She had 34 Poodles.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Unbelievable!

Watch the video; a real shocker.

People need to see that video before they buy from puppy mills.

221 Poodles and the breeder gets away without being charged because she surrendered the poodles and is working with the authorities. Unbelievable!

What is the difference between this story in Tenn., and the lady that had the poodles in VA., in that story I think it was called Whispering Pines? She had 34 Poodles.
Exactly what I was thinking! She is not going to be charged! We really do need some law reforms.

·
Registered
336 Posts
law reform

spoospirit -- I'm with you. How do we get the laws reformed? What can we do? I know we could do something... all of use together.

Those poor little Poodles :tape2: need us to speak up for them. :motz: :director:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
spoospirit -- I'm with you. How do we get the laws reformed? What can we do? I know we could do something... all of use together.

Those poor little Poodles :tape2: need us to speak up for them. :motz: :director:

Wow....that is a very good question. There has to be more accountability than that for crimes against animals.

This is not something that I have ever been involved in before. I am thinking you would need go lobby for it. It would take some research.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This makes me unbearably sad and angry. Those poor dogs! I hope they all find homes with loving, patient families who are willing to help them work through the behavior issues I'm sure they'll face.

·
Registered
781 Posts
watched the petland thing last night and that was horrific enough. now this. what is it with these people????? is it a sickness? is it greed? are they opportunist??? whatever they are, they need to be found and put in cages and live in their own feces for awhile. and that's just for starters. how 'bout drinking from water bowls with mold growing on them like those poor pups last night....grrrrrrrr.........:mad2:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I can't take it when dogs are abused! 200 poodles - 221 poodles - my goodness so many dogs needing homes soooo sad!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Put the abusers in cages. There is a place for them....

what is it with these people????? is it a sickness? is it greed? are they opportunist??? whatever they are, they need to be found and put in cages and live in their own feces for awhile. and that's just for starters. how 'bout drinking from water bowls with mold growing on them :mad2:
I agree.

Its called PRISON!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts