Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
It depends...you need to find the right poodle for YOUR WHOLE FAMILY. We got Casey as a buddy for Daisy and they only really play with each other outside...looking back I think Daisy could take her or leave her. Casey has brought great joy to my 2 youngest...the couple we got her from called last week to see about getting her back...we said NO of course.

I have seen people say that they are placing one of their standards becuase they have 2 or more and they are not getting along. I personally think its lack of training and favoring one dog over the other that cuases the REAL problems...not that one of the dogs is a "bad dog."

I would encourage you to find someone willing to let you bring the other dog along (unless you are going to look at young pups with fragile immune systems, of course) to see how they like each other! That way if they do get along then there are less worries...if they don't get along then you can know that and be ready for training or pass on that certain dog.

Good luck...I don't know how you waited either! LOL

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think once you get past the intitial phase of bonding and training it's ok to bring a new dog in if you're planning to have two.

AgilityIG has a good point, but I notice that in our household our dog's tend to pair off and have a buddy. Thats one reason that no matter how many dogs we have at any given time I like to have an even number, so everyone has a buddy to snuggle with. But maybe my dogs are just weird. LoL ??

At any rate, Hubby and I are about to find out the joys of having a second spoo... I'll keep ya posted on how that turns out :)
Wonder...how dare you keep us in suspense! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.