Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) how to remove the reddish dark patch under Ariel’s tail? She’s 10 and we got her a few months ago; she’s had them since she became ours:)

2:) is the folds in Ariels neck normal? Can I do anything to make it look better?
TIA
Robyn ,
Mom of 4 young kiddos and 2 precious poodles:)

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
My childhood minipoo was apricot faded to white. She never had anything like this, just a faint amount of apricot in her ear hair.

Is this a partipoo and this is where she has color? Did you ask your vet?

i know someone with a white goldendoodle who’s butt looked like that when the dog had an infection. Hair turned back to white during treatment. Her dog’s discoloration was limited to the anal area.

·
Registered
733 Posts
First and foremost hi and welcome to PF!
Okay for the tail does Ariel lick herself a lot or sit in something wet often ie daily? As for the face coloring Evie gets that although she is black so I am not sure if the coloring concept would be the same. But, Evie and other dogs get the dark reddish discoloration from being wet or damp IE drinking from the water bowl and having it wait a while to dry. I am going to make a guess that that coloring on the face will go away with a shave like Evie's does. It could also be an infection like Skyler said. She could also use a good sanitary shave possible to help with being wet and staining.
Just my two cents.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't see the folds in her neck but that staining around her tail is saliva stain. We see it often in dogs that are licking due to allergies. She could be licking for other reasons as well- anal glands (which may or may not be related to allergies), urine infection, or skin problem.
Once the underlying issue is solved, the stained hair can be clipped off and it will grow back in normal color.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see the folds in her neck but that staining around her tail is saliva stain. We see it often in dogs that are licking due to allergies. She could be licking for other reasons as well- anal glands (which may or may not be related to allergies), urine infection, or skin problem.
Once the underlying issue is solved, the stained hair can be clipped off and it will grow back in normal color.
Thank you!!!! She had a UTI for a long while before I realized it (she’s 10 but we’ve only had her for two months) and had one round of Rx, I’ll take her back for another! Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First and foremost hi and welcome to PF!
Okay for the tail does Ariel lick herself a lot or sit in something wet often ie daily? As for the face coloring Evie gets that although she is black so I am not sure if the coloring concept would be the same. But, Evie and other dogs get the dark reddish discoloration from being wet or damp IE drinking from the water bowl and having it wait a while to dry. I am going to make a guess that that coloring on the face will go away with a shave like Evie's does. It could also be an infection like Skyler said. She could also use a good sanitary shave possible to help with being wet and staining.
Just my two cents.
Hope this helps.
Great point on sitting on damp area. She loves to sit on our side patio which over the last few months (since we got her) have been much wetter than normal. I’ll be more intentional about moving her to a dry spot when she’s out standing guard:) thanks so much! This is a sweet and very helpful forum! Poodles are so great!!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Looks like you already have some good advice. Welcome to the forum, and thank you for rescuing Ariel. She's a cutie. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts