Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I gave my almost 2 yr old mini the Continental. I used an #10 to shave her back side. i think she hates her hair short back there. She sits fast and runs to the next spot to sit.

How long does it take for dogs to get used to the 1st short cut? Is there something I can do to help her feel better about her bald bottom? She has an agility trial tomorrow.

Oh.. I really messed up on the rosetts. I wish I found this site 2 days ago.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You can easily remove the rosettes and still be within the AKC standard...they are shown with or without....and still considered proper.

You rosettes should sit high up with about an inch between tthe 2...balnced on both sides of the spine. If THAT area is OK, you still have room to maneuver them and make them look correct. If the space is much to wide up there, then shave em off. If its narrow up there, then make the circles clear and crisp...you can adjust them forward or backward in the next groom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Rosetts are high, small and oval. Do you think if I trim them rounder and enlarge the gap between the two ( the gap is about 1/2 inch) I can save them. I like the rosett look when it looks good. I'm not showing her. It's was just for fun. At the end of July I'll put her in the miami because we are going on a 2 week camping trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would definitely salvage those rossettes....they're not horrible and YES widen the space. But your from ankles are WAY to big. It makes the rosettes appear dinky in comparison. Scale that chest down from the underneath, making her legs look longer. She looks too heavy, not graceful and an easy-mover. She looks too bulky. But you actually did nice proportioning on the line where the shaving started.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips. I'll try to make her more graceful looking and trim her where you said. Saturday we have an agility trial all day. She has 5 runs. I hope she gets used to the bald bottom and does her runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts