Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
I am the proud owner of a 17 yr old Male Min Poodle. He has lost eye sight and hearing and has a lot of other issues. He is still attentive and loves to eat and get treats. He is on a regimen of meds and lots of love. I guess I am just wondering if there is anyone else dealing with a really old Poodle. He is having disc issues it seems, and has regular flare ups. Thanks for support if you can give.

Sammy's Mama

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you and Sammy! It's so hard watching our beloved little companions go thru these difficulties.

I'm not currently there, my boys now are going on three years old, and my previous girls each had only one major health issue at the end of their time but my Sass before, going back over twenty years ago, had several health concurrent health issues in her last years.

Similar to Sammy, she'd lost most sight, most hearing, had disc and/or mobility issues. Oh also a gimpy knee from an injury, unless there was a squirrel present while she could still see. Then she ran!

We're here for you and Sammy and will do what we can.

·
Super Moderator
5,199 Posts
Welcome!

My girl lived to 14.5 but I'd hoped with all my heart she'd stick around forever.

Your little guy sounds super sweet. I'm so happy to hear he's enjoying his golden years. If mobility is becoming a problem, there are so many options for little dogs. We got a wagon for Gracie and it allowed us to keep bringing her out and about with us. Even as her other senses faded, her little nose never stopped sniffing!

Would love to see some photos of Sammy. :)

Here's Gracie in her wagon:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts