Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paris Poodles is selling a 16 month old Red Mini... he's adorable and I love his size, but what's up with the name Handbag! seriously!! lol

Page Title

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... all their dogs/puppies are over priced IMO... but it's Vancouver BC, everything is more expensive there, so maybe they can get away with it!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I just love how most of the photos of her reds are photoshop definitely a breeder i would never buy from .....

:wacko:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Not to mention that the dog isn't groomed. I mean sure if you like that scruffy poodle look fine but how is a potential owner supposed to know that this dog would be good on the grooming table for grooming.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I thought the color looked impressive (to a fault), so how can you tell it's photoshop?
Well i am into Photography and I have CS4 and work on it.

That puppy was been Sharpened with Unsharp Masked she moved the radius up

She used flash and cropped the dog out of some original picture and place it in those forest pics in one pic you can see where she blended it in ....

Some of her other dogs she used unsharp mask well above radius 10 ....

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I am showing you what she did with one of enzo's pics Its uploading now. I did not crop him out tho i just want to show u how red and the colors change when u do unsharp mask .

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, you sure know what you're talking about! it's all a little over my head, but I totally believe you! and I know for sure that there are other Red breeders out there that do the same thing! :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
does the dog come with any titles?
...I can't imagine so at only 16 months

but I'm sure someone will pay it,
theres always a market for something

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am showing you what she did with one of enzo's pics Its uploading now. I did not crop him out tho i just want to show u how red and the colors change when u do unsharp mask .
cool! can't wait to see!! now I feel bad because sometimes I adjust the "saturation" to brighten up Rogan's pics a bit... but I really don't feel they change his color much, just make it look more like he does in real.... and bottom line is, I'm not a breeder... when you adjust pics of dogs for sale, isn't that kinda like false advertising?!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I agree I don't think its right to fiddle with the real colour of a dog especially if you're selling it
and at least this breeder isn't going way over the top with the editing like...some other breeders do... >.>

·
Registered
287 Posts
We initially were interested in their dogs because they were nearby & we could easily visit the kennel. We were looking for breeders who did not crop the tails.

However, we only got one reply to our multiple emails & one letter - (one response after 4th (?) email). They did not respond to emails with the usual questions (thanks to this forum) such as health testing & background of parent issues, etc. Being so hard to get hold of, can you imagine the breeder support after you get your dog.

Needless to say, we went elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
well, you sure know what you're talking about! it's all a little over my head, but I totally believe you! and I know for sure that there are other Red breeders out there that do the same thing! :eek:hwell:
As well as breeders of other colors... :) I have been to websites of poodle breeders of many different colors and it is SOOO obvious that they photoshop... It was hard for me to tell on the website mentioned in this thread, but roxy will show us "how it's done!!" Thanks roxy!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes there are many red breeder who PS one of them is no longer here on this forum lol

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
We initially were interested in their dogs because they were nearby & we could easily visit the kennel. We were looking for breeders who did not crop the tails.

However, we only got one reply to our multiple emails & one letter - (one response after 4th (?) email). They did not respond to emails with the usual questions (thanks to this forum) such as health testing & background of parent issues, etc. Being so hard to get hold of, can you imagine the breeder support after you get your dog.

Needless to say, we went elsewhere.
Good I'm glad you went some where else.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
So how come he flunked out out their breeding program? Also my favorite.... 13.5" only 1.5 more and he would be a Standard!

Uh no.... at 15" he would still be a Mini and 13.5 is considered petite for a Mini dog. I wonder if he has Toy in his pedigree?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
cool! can't wait to see!! now I feel bad because sometimes I adjust the "saturation" to brighten up Rogan's pics a bit... but I really don't feel they change his color much, just make it look more like he does in real.... and bottom line is, I'm not a breeder... when you adjust pics of dogs for sale, isn't that kinda like false advertising?!

Don't feel bad at all PS is a good program to make your pictures better! when you are doing it to sell something that is another story lol. I use unsharp mask on my pics also but i dont over do it and I just want my pics sharper. I also adjust the color and tones with some of my pictures since I don't have a good lens yet.

There is no problem with PS just don't over do it and exaggerate what is really there. If you look up HDR photography on google you can see what i mean with exaggerating photos lol

Ok Here is normal picture ( I probably used the sharpen tool only a little tho)

Now here is the same pic i sharpen it all the way up to radius 250 lol

take note on how much darker he is and look at the shadows

This is not a big difference here since I used point and shoot camera so let me try another Dlsr pic

1 - 20 of 36 Posts