Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Awww love her! I bet the families cannot wait for their babies SO EXCITING!!!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Oh yes! Get in line we have a kiss on the lips Sniffing puppy breath and now kiss on the nose..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, her brothers and sisters are going to be silver. She sure sticks out, you might say... she's going to get lots of attention!

·
Registered
21 Posts
So have you figured out the crate and the pic and all that ?
Not yet. I think that Karen is going to wait until the pups are a little older to take the picture. I've decided on a crate but not sure that's how I want to present the present. If that makes sense. We'll use one for sure though when we have the puppy. Thanks for asking:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder if having them each open a box that had a dog toy in it. They'd be be confused why Santa would bring them that...
Then perhaps a book for each child... age appropriate, could be about a poodle, simple dog training... also I just bought a few copies of Wendy Wahman's book "Don't Lick The Dog" one for me and the other two for grandkids. It would be cute if they each got a picture of their puppy, maybe taped in the inside cover.

Did you see that Target has a soft toy and book set of Poodlena? Just adorable... course rather girlie in pink but that would be wonderful too.

(I bought two!)

I'll keep thinking!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Not yet. I think that Karen is going to wait until the pups are a little older to take the picture. I've decided on a crate but not sure that's how I want to present the present. If that makes sense. We'll use one for sure though when we have the puppy. Thanks for asking:)
I think the whole thing is so much fun You have a very lucky family .. This will be a Christmas they will never forget.. That is special !!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder if having them each open a box that had a dog toy in it. They'd be be confused why Santa would bring them that...
Then perhaps a book for each child... age appropriate, could be about a poodle, simple dog training... also I just bought a few copies of Wendy Wahman's book "Don't Lick The Dog" one for me and the other two for grandkids. It would be cute if they each got a picture of their puppy, maybe taped in the inside cover.

Did you see that Target has a soft toy and book set of Poodlena? Just adorable... course rather girlie in pink but that would be wonderful too.

(I bought two!)

I'll keep thinking!
Thanks for the good ideas. I'm definitely buying the "Don't Lick the Dog" book. It sounds perfect for my family. Actually reading your ideas has helped me get some of my own. Here's my plan:

--Get an inexpensive dog bed and tape the picture of the puppy on it.
--put puppy related presents on top of the picture
--have the kids open the puppy related presents and then see the picture of our puppy (or one that looks a lot like our puppy :)) looking up at them.

Sound good?

Why a pet bed? I want to work with the kids on having spots in the house where they have to leave the puppy alone. One place will be the crate and the other place will be on the bed. So the puppy can have a place to go when we are eating or when he wants to be left alone but not go into his crate.

Why an inexpensive one? Well I plan to buy a better one when we get to know our puppy better.

What do you think?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts