Poodle Forum - Standard Poodle, Toy Poodle, Miniature Poodle Forum ALL Poodle owners too! - View Single Post - New to poodles/ one handsome boy/one rescue girl
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Carley's Mom
Points: 54,463, Level: 100 Points: 54,463, Level: 100 Points: 54,463, Level: 100
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,075 Times in 1,783 Posts

google Raw Diet for dogs.

I feed one kibble meal and then one raw meal. You don't have to be as careful that way. You can feed things like chicken legs, turkey necks, chicken backs to get the bone into the diet. It is great for them to chew, but they really need to eat the bone. My new girls hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. She refuses turkey necks, but will eat chicken if I cut it into smaller pieces. My older girl has no problem at all. Be sure to include some organ meat as well, it is very good for them. I do one bone in meal and the next no bone, chicken breast, fish, beef cubes ect.
My girls have to have their ears back, so I cut the legs off of some old pj's and use it as headbands.

P.S. I could not find necks and backs until I asked the butcher to order me some... You dogs will love it.