Poodle Forum - Standard Poodle, Toy Poodle, Miniature Poodle Forum ALL Poodle owners too! - View Single Post - What age to take pup off property
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
TrixieTreasure
Points: 19,689, Level: 96 Points: 19,689, Level: 96 Points: 19,689, Level: 96
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Names of dogs: Been a Poodle mom since 1977. I lost my last baby in 2013.
Poodle Type: Toys
Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1967 View Post
At what age did you take your puppy off your property. I'm reading breeders who are almost all in agreement that 16 weeks is optimal unless parvo is in the area?
The safest is after once the puppy has had all of it's vaccinations. Before that, the pup can go for car rides, or if you hold onto him outside. But personally, I wouldn't take the pup where other dogs have been until you know that he's fully vaccinated. You just never know what other dogs could have. Parvo can be picked up really easy, so don't risk it. Having him out in your own yard is probably okay unless you live in an area where there are rodents around, raccoons, or coyotes, etc. Your puppy will have a lifetime of being outside, so if you're unsure, then it's best not to risk it.

My motto is, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

I love this:

"No matter what happens in life, be nice to people. Being nice to people is a peaceful way to live, and a beautiful legacy to leave behind."

- marcandangel

( Found on Google Search )
TrixieTreasure is offline   Reply With Quote