Poodle Forum - Standard Poodle, Toy Poodle, Miniature Poodle Forum ALL Poodle owners too! - View Single Post - What age to take pup off property
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
joey1967
Points: 1,719, Level: 25 Points: 1,719, Level: 25 Points: 1,719, Level: 25
Activity: 14.9% Activity: 14.9% Activity: 14.9%
Last Achievements

Poodle Type: Standard

I guess what makes this so frustrating for me is that I see NO puppies being walked by my house and dog traffic is high in my area, just older dogs which is weird. Addtionally my situation is different, parvo is a problem and has killed puppies and adult dogs in my community which is about 100, 000. The situation with parvo is so bad the major media outlet has done stories on it. It is everywhere. I worry about socializing her but I have to out weight the fact that this crazy parvo situation is a major hinderance to this and she is only 9 weeks still, just turning ten. Now I do have people coming in the house, take her on car rides, but the vet seemed wary on the question. They themselves are caught in giving the right answer, they don't know what to say they realize parvo is an issue but also realize you need to socialize their dog. Has anyone here socialized their dog at 16 weeks with success. I've socialized and older dog at 16 weeks with no problem but then again she had a very outgoing temperament and was great around people, and all kinds of situation. But then again I've never owned a poodle before and am not sure how they mature. I really would like to hear from anyone who socialized later rather than earlier, I am socializing in small steps.
joey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote