Paris Poodles - British Columbia, Canada - Page 2 - Poodle Forum - Standard Poodle, Toy Poodle, Miniature Poodle Forum ALL Poodle owners too!
   

Go Back   Poodle Forum - Standard Poodle, Toy Poodle, Miniature Poodle Forum ALL Poodle owners too! > Poodle Forums > Poodle Talk > Poodle Breeder Directory

Poodle Breeder Directory Directory of Poodle Breeders

PoodleForum.com is the premier Poodle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 30,060, Level: 100 Points: 30,060, Level: 100 Points: 30,060, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
roxy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Names of dogs: Enzo
Poodle Type: Standard Poodle
Location: Woof Angeles
Posts: 3,145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meety View Post
Hi

Thanks for that, is there a reason they all seem to shave the face?

Thanks
Its a tradition look within the breed that the hunters used " The clipping and grooming of poodles has come a long way from its early utilitarian days as a means to improve a poodle's ability to swim through water, help it avoid snagging on undergrowth, and keep its joints warm and protected from the cold."

. The dog you showed your Husband and he liked it has a shaved face also.

http://www.poodle-place.com/poodleclip.htm
roxy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Points: 2,293, Level: 30 Points: 2,293, Level: 30 Points: 2,293, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy25 View Post
Its a tradition look within the breed that the hunters used " The clipping and grooming of poodles has come a long way from its early utilitarian days as a means to improve a poodle's ability to swim through water, help it avoid snagging on undergrowth, and keep its joints warm and protected from the cold."

. The dog you showed your Husband and he liked it has a shaved face also.

http://www.poodle-place.com/poodleclip.htm
This is the dog my husband has seen:

http://www.parispoodles.com/sitebuil...ng-454x336.jpg

I've posted over in the grooming section, so as not to be inappropriate since my breeder post has gone off on a tangent (as all good forums do! lol). but thanks for the help.
meety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 3,536, Level: 39 Points: 3,536, Level: 39 Points: 3,536, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: May 2009
Names of dogs: Butter and Mya
Poodle Type: Rat Terrier, Standard P.
Location: Alberta
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've been looking at their site and I like their poodles because I do want one for doing work (possible search and rescue or schutshund).
What I don't like is how hard they are to contact. I've left a few e-mails over the past month or so because I can't find their on line application form but they've NEVER returned a single e-mail. Perhaps it's because I use hotmail but regardless it's very offputting and I'm now looking elsewhere for a baby.
If you decide to go with them I hope you have better luck than me.
yigcenuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Points: 2,293, Level: 30 Points: 2,293, Level: 30 Points: 2,293, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigcenuren View Post
I've been looking at their site and I like their poodles because I do want one for doing work (possible search and rescue or schutshund).
What I don't like is how hard they are to contact. I've left a few e-mails over the past month or so because I can't find their on line application form but they've NEVER returned a single e-mail. Perhaps it's because I use hotmail but regardless it's very offputting and I'm now looking elsewhere for a baby.
If you decide to go with them I hope you have better luck than me.
Hi thats a shame they haven't gotten back to you. They do say on their contact page they have communication problems. Let me know if they ever get back to you.
meety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 32,862, Level: 100 Points: 32,862, Level: 100 Points: 32,862, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
spoofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Victoria,BC
Posts: 843
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Paris poodles are not far from where we are.
I have met a few of their dogs and must say they are quite nice.
There is a red 3 year old Paris poodle,named Scarlett we run into at the park and she is very rich coloured,considering her age.
I agree they are not cheap,but if a breeder can get away with charging theses prices,people are willing to pay them.
Word gets around and if they produce good,healthy dogs,they can charge this and stay in business.
$2000 dollars for a pet?
If you break it down to what your companion will cost you per each year of its life...it's a bargain,not to mention how you will be enriched...in a non-monetary way...
spoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 14,742, Level: 83 Points: 14,742, Level: 83 Points: 14,742, Level: 83
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,972
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Default

I've never heard of a Poodle in Schutzhund. Is it possible? I wouldn't think their personalities would be suited for it.
Harley_chik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Points: 2,293, Level: 30 Points: 2,293, Level: 30 Points: 2,293, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofan View Post
Paris poodles are not far from where we are.
I have met a few of their dogs and must say they are quite nice.
There is a red 3 year old Paris poodle,named Scarlett we run into at the park and she is very rich coloured,considering her age.
I agree they are not cheap,but if a breeder can get away with charging theses prices,people are willing to pay them.
Word gets around and if they produce good,healthy dogs,they can charge this and stay in business.
$2000 dollars for a pet?
If you break it down to what your companion will cost you per each year of its life...it's a bargain,not to mention how you will be enriched...in a non-monetary way...
Hi, im glad to hear some positives, the dogs on their website look beautiful, healthy and strong i only wish i was able to get one from there.
meety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 30,060, Level: 100 Points: 30,060, Level: 100 Points: 30,060, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
roxy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Names of dogs: Enzo
Poodle Type: Standard Poodle
Location: Woof Angeles
Posts: 3,145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meety View Post
Hi, im glad to hear some positives, the dogs on their website look beautiful, healthy and strong i only wish i was able to get one from there.
Hey Meety , You should PM Sivaro she might be able to help you also she is in AU too
roxy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Points: 2,293, Level: 30 Points: 2,293, Level: 30 Points: 2,293, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy25 View Post
Hey Meety , You should PM Sivaro she might be able to help you also she is in AU too
Yes, i def will, we just found out we have to move soon, so we have decided to wait till we buy a house before we buy a puppy its really hard to rent here with pets sadly.
meety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
Points: 2,066, Level: 28 Points: 2,066, Level: 28 Points: 2,066, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: vancouver, bc
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you looking for a red poodle? I know of some good and bad red poodle breeders in British Columbia. Let me know. Certain breeders do bad line breeding and breed dogs that are too old, or too soon, or fudging testing!!! I don't associate with this breeder anymore, but she used to breed red toys and minis together to get red and apricot minis. She is now into standards. I know her very well.
stoneymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Tags
breeder, paris poodles

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poodle Breeder Directory *RULES* T o d d Poodle Breeder Directory 0 03-18-2009 05:41 PM
A breeder question WonderPup Poodle Talk 12 02-25-2009 11:21 AM
One Pregnant Paris! ChickyChat Poodle Talk 17 02-19-2009 07:44 PM
Visit with the Breeder CurlyDog Poodle Talk 26 09-22-2008 10:28 AM
Questions about Miniature v Standard and how to find a breeder gcpicken Poodle Talk 6 09-03-2008 06:23 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:56 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All (C) PoodleForum.com
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum